New York, NY

1 recommendation

Octavean to SixOfNine

MVM

to SixOfNine

Re: The Walking Dead

said by SixOfNine:

said by Octavean:

February 10 th 2013 seems so far off,.........

Not anymore!

(youtube clip)

Today is the day and it still seem far off,.....!!!

I can't wait,....

Fir_Na_Tine
Time to get riggity riggity wrecked son
Premium Member
join:2001-01-03
South Jersey

Fir_Na_Tine to Voxxjin

Premium Member

to Voxxjin
Eh. the new episode wasn't what I thought it would be. The first 10 minutes or so were great when they broke out Daryl and Merle but after they left it was kinda boring. Guess I was thinking they would attack the prison right away but thats next week it seems. Just thought there would be more action the first episode back.

I saw a photo being shared around facebook showing Daryl and said " If Daryl dies we riot". Obviously he's the most popular characters and was missed most of this show.

I AM
Premium Member
join:2010-04-11
Ephrata, PA

I AM to WK2

Premium Member

to WK2
said by WK2:

I think Rick needs to let up slightly. That man is going crazy

He's seeing stuff yo! He needs a long nap.

Voxxjin
Made of Hamburger
Premium Member
join:2010-01-13
Dupont, WA

Voxxjin to Fir_Na_Tine

Premium Member

to Fir_Na_Tine
said by Fir_Na_Tine:

Eh. the new episode wasn't what I thought it would be. The first 10 minutes or so were great ...

I thought the same. I also thought it was strange when Rick and crew came back to the prison and walked right past the newcomers and he didn't even blink. I would have thought he would have said "Whoa who the hell are these guys".

And regarding your comment about Daryl, I know he is my favorite as well. And I woudl also be pissed if they off him.
Voxxjin

Voxxjin to I AM

Premium Member

to I AM
said by I AM:

said by WK2:

When Rick started flippin' out like that, I think if I were Tyrell, I would likely just say "thanks but we are leaving".

I AM
Premium Member
join:2010-04-11
Ephrata, PA

I AM

Premium Member

Tyrell seems like a nice dude though. Dude works out.

PhoenixDown
FIOS is Awesome
Premium Member
join:2003-06-08
Fresh Meadows, NY

PhoenixDown to Voxxjin

Premium Member

to Voxxjin
Good episode but it was a little slow at times.

Glen's rage was off the chart and while I get why, the mid-season break took away from the build up that was going and at this point, particular his interactions with his GF, seemed unneeded.

If you caught the preview for next week; one scene looked interesting but another scene was like "again??" I won't say more about that for now.

Alcohol
Premium Member
join:2003-05-26
Climax, MI

Alcohol to Voxxjin

Premium Member

to Voxxjin
said by Voxxjin:

said by I AM:

said by WK2:

When Rick started flippin' out like that, I think if I were Tyrell, I would likely just say "thanks but we are leaving".

I would have just laughed. Rick is over acting so much. I can't stand it.
Expand your moderator at work

PhoenixDown
FIOS is Awesome
Premium Member
join:2003-06-08
Fresh Meadows, NY

PhoenixDown to Voxxjin

Premium Member

to Voxxjin

Re: The Walking Dead

Anyone going to re-watch the series in B&W?

Fir_Na_Tine
Premium Member
South Jersey

Fir_Na_Tine

Premium Member

said by PhoenixDown:

Anyone going to re-watch the series in B&W?

I might check out the pilot or first episode but not the whole series. My wife and I have watched the whole series a few times so far so not sure if in B&W will make it better.

Grimm
join:2011-05-23

Grimm to PhoenixDown

to PhoenixDown
lolno. This is 2013 and I prefer color.

I also don't have the time to re-watch this show, let alone any other. What free time I do have to relax is spent on new episodes of current shows, shows I have not seen before, or video games lol

WK2
Premium Member
join:2006-12-28
united state

WK2 to Voxxjin

Premium Member

to Voxxjin
I don't like the black and white idea. imo

Octavean
MVM
join:2001-03-31
New York, NY

Octavean to PhoenixDown

MVM

to PhoenixDown
I agree, this episode seemed to drag on a bit,....

In some places it seemed a little disjointed,....

A bit anticlimactic overall,...

I agree that Glenn was a little over the top. Maggie was never really physically hurt only very slightly emotionally bruised. the Governor really didn't do much which is why I find the watered down version of him rather boring and unassuming,....

Rick seeing things picks off right where they left off at the break when he was seeing Shane and seems related to the recurring phone call delusion

BTW, people its Tyreese not Tyrell. Not trying to give anyone a hard time I'm just saying,.....

Voxxjin
Made of Hamburger
Premium Member
Dupont, WA

Voxxjin

Premium Member

said by Octavean:

BTW, people its Tyreese not Tyrell. Not trying to give anyone a hard time I'm just saying,.....

My bad. I know it is Tyreese but when I posted only Tyrell came to mind. oops. I got most of the name right though

SixOfNine
Brake In A Ladylike Manner.
Premium Member
join:2001-08-30
Sterling, VA

SixOfNine

Premium Member

We can always call him Ty.

Octavean
MVM
New York, NY

Octavean

MVM

Great idea,...

Jay_
Formerly known as Carnage
Premium Member
join:2001-05-15
Pickering On

Jay_ to Octavean

Premium Member

to Octavean
Didn't like the episode at all. Everything was far too over the top. From Glenn's rage to Rick now having visions of his dead wife in a dress? .. I understand they are trying to show us how unstable he is but I don't like the approach.

WK2
Premium Member
join:2006-12-28
united state

WK2

Premium Member

said by Jay_:

Didn't like the episode at all. Everything was far too over the top. From Glenn's rage to Rick now having visions of his dead wife in a dress? .. I understand they are trying to show us how unstable he is but I don't like the approach.

I agree with you for the most part. Not my favorite episode ever.

SixOfNine
Premium Member
Sterling, VA

SixOfNine

Premium Member

My biggest plot quibble with this episode is that out of necessity most of the good guys have become good to excellent shots. I would have taken out the governor and as many of his armed goons as possible in that ambush that rescued Dale.

sivran
Vive Vivaldi
Premium Member
join:2003-09-15
Irving, TX

sivran

Premium Member

Also I don't understand why blondie didn't shoot the guy that got mauled by a walker... and just stood there until the governor came out and did it. She knew what had to be done, yet she didn't do it or tell the crowd just how necessary it was.

Voxxjin
Made of Hamburger
Premium Member
Dupont, WA

Voxxjin to SixOfNine

Premium Member

to SixOfNine
said by SixOfNine:

My biggest plot quibble with this episode is that out of necessity most of the good guys have become good to excellent shots. I would have taken out the governor and as many of his armed goons as possible in that ambush that rescued Dale.

Yeah that went through my head too. I would have taken the Gov out too. maybe even on the first shot. The girl that was shot, was she even armed? I don't recall.
Voxxjin

Voxxjin to sivran

Premium Member

to sivran
said by sivran:

Also I don't understand why blondie didn't shoot the guy that got mauled by a walker...

I was thinking about hwo he got in. I know he got in after theri escape but I am surprised that:
1) the town didn't see where they got out/do a perimeter check
2) Didn't have any guards along the walls.

I find it a little difficult that hours after the escape, guards were not already back on the wall. And I find it hard to believe that the zombie just waited until hours later to find someone to attack (night raid/zombie entrance vs daylight zombie attack in town)

But whatevs.

Octavean
MVM
New York, NY

Octavean to SixOfNine

MVM

to SixOfNine
said by SixOfNine:

I guess its best not to look too closely at such things. When you said this the first thing that comes to mind was the smoke grenades that Rick and the group were using.

I was in the military for nearly 10 years and in that time we had a great deal of riot control / civil disturbance training. I personally don't see the need for smoke grenades in a prison but I do see a need for CS gas grenades AKA tear gas.

Its a very effective non-lethal weapon that would knock the fight out of large groups of people quickly,......very quickly!

There is no excuse I can think of for a prison not to have these tools along with the protective gear that goes with it (which we have already seen / ie protective mask and so on) so I call BS on the smoke grenades. I guess the writers didn't want Rick and his group having an unfair advantage.

SixOfNine
Premium Member
Sterling, VA

SixOfNine

Premium Member

said by Octavean:

said by SixOfNine:

I guess its best not to look too closely at such things.

Oh, I happily suspend disbelief for shows such as this. I was just having a "Scott Evil" moment in which the Governor filled the role of Austin Powers and Scott was asking his father why the hell he just doesn't kill him immediately.

Dr. Evil: Scott, I want you to meet daddy's nemesis, Austin Powers

Scott Evil: What? Are you feeding him? Why don't you just kill him?

Dr. Evil: I have an even better idea. I'm going to place him in an easily escapable situation involving an overly elaborate and exotic death.

beavercable
Premium Member
join:2008-05-11
Beaverton, OR

beavercable

Premium Member

I agree I have no problem suspending belief with shows like this. Shows and movies with time travel is where I have a major issue.

Voxxjin
Made of Hamburger
Premium Member
Dupont, WA

Voxxjin

Premium Member

OK episode. A little slow in the begining. One thing that bugs both my son and I is something that happened on this episode. Why is it when they are fighting other living people the group can barely hit anything yet when walkers are around, no matter the distance, they can get head hots. Even Hershel, on one leg, seems to have no problem hitting walkers from 40ft away. Yet Rick who has a scope and training had a hard time hitting someone.

BTW, where was Tyreese and his group in this episode?

Fir_Na_Tine
Premium Member
South Jersey

Fir_Na_Tine

Premium Member

said by Voxxjin:

OK episode. A little slow in the begining. One thing that bugs both my son and I is something that happened on this episode. Why is it when they are fighting other living people the group can barely hit anything yet when walkers are around, no matter the distance, they can get head hots. Even Hershel, on one leg, seems to have no problem hitting walkers from 40ft away. Yet Rick who has a scope and training had a hard time hitting someone.

BTW, where was Tyreese and his group in this episode?

I was wondering that too. When they broke out Daryl they seemed to have good aim too. But I think with Rick he was still disoriented with his visions and wacked out, therefore his aim and the reality of what was happening was off. Michonne is good with a katana not so good with gun it seems. Carl had a hand gun and trying to hit the guy in the tower from a distance is hard with a hand gun I would imagine. Above all I would say its much harder to shoot someone who is shooting at you. Zombies are easy targets they don't move out of the way.

I was going to say they were surprised thats why they sucked but they should have been more ready for an attack, they knew it would come. The Zombie trojan horse was a great weapon idea though. But I would have been lighting up that truck as it came into the compound not watching it.

Why did Glenn leave? Was it to get supplies or just blow off steam? I wonder how Merle will fit in. He showed a tiny little bit that he has a heart. It be hard to believe Michonne or Glen ever trusting him.

As for the episode as a whole I thought it was good, but yes slow at first. I thought when the hell are they going to attack the prison? They showed it in the past two previews of shows but then it doesn't happen till the last 10 minutes. I assume and hope next week is more action oriented.

Octavean
MVM
New York, NY

Octavean

MVM

Yeah, another slow episode for the most part. I very much enjoyed the action at the end though. I won't get too much into the episode but I will say that Glenn left to check the perimeter because they knew of a breach cited by Tyreese (Ty) and his group (as noted not seen in this episode but probably locked up at the time as they don't have free run of the prison).

I don't want to pick apart the show, I'll just add that anyone who has fired a weapon of this sort knows that a right handed shooter would aim with their right eye and a left handed shooter would aim with their left eye. The Governor is right handed and has a missing right eye. Therefore the Governor shouldn't be able to hit anything with any degree of accuracy at an appreciable distance,.....unless maybe its the side of a barn,.....a very large barn.

I'll also add that the eye the Governor lost must have grown back in the back of his head since he can apparently see walkers coming up behind him.

It's about time we started to see walkers used as a weapon. I'm just waiting to see them used as a power source now,.....

Grimm
join:2011-05-23

Grimm

said by Octavean:

...Tyreese (Ty) and his group (as noted not seen in this episode but probably locked up at the time as they don't have free run of the prison).

Just as a note: I watched The Talking Dead (or whatever that after-show is called) and they had the creator of the show(forget his name) and he confirmed that Ty and his group are NOT in the prison at all at this time. They left when Rick started seeing his wife at the end of the other episode.