Miles To Go
Premium Member
join:2002-02-05
Far Rockaway, NY

Rook008 to elwoodblues

Premium Member

to elwoodblues

Re: The Walking Dead

Well, that's the odd thing about zombies, they live. Without food or water or lungs or hearts.
The brain doesn't need what it usually does, so it keeps on going. Whatever is still attached to it keeps going as well.
Rook008

Rook008 to Octavean

Premium Member

to Octavean
Yeah. Up until her last words. She didn't suck so bad then.

Chaplain
So It Goes
Premium Member
join:2002-10-11
USA

Chaplain to Rook008

Premium Member

to Rook008
said by Rook008:

Well, that's the odd thing about zombies, they live. Without food or water or lungs or hearts.
The brain doesn't need what it usually does, so it keeps on going. Whatever is still attached to it keeps going as well.

Plus similar to bicycle lady from season one, they were both severed; so anything below the sever (if still attached - say a broken back), would not work. The stuff above it would still be able to function as the nerves aren't severed from that area.

Voxxjin
Made of Hamburger
Premium Member
join:2010-01-13
Dupont, WA

Voxxjin

Premium Member

Like some of the decapitated zombies where the head just lays there with the mouth and eyes moving. I think the heads in the Govs room were also still 'alive'.

Chaplain
So It Goes
Premium Member
USA

Chaplain

Premium Member

They were. They just moved really slowly, I assume because of the juice they were in.

Rook008
Miles To Go
Premium Member
Far Rockaway, NY

1 edit

Rook008 to Chaplain

Premium Member

to Chaplain
Yeah. If they could control a part of the body when they were alive, nerves and tendons and muscles and such still attached, they should still be able to control that part of the body once zombified.
But they don't seem to feel pain or need any type of nourishment.

Edit: Bicycle lady's story in six parts (You can skip to part 6 with the links to the right of the video): »www.amctv.com/the-walkin ··· -new-day

SixOfNine
Brake In A Ladylike Manner.
Premium Member
join:2001-08-30
Sterling, VA

SixOfNine

Premium Member

In the episode that introduced Woodbury and the Governor, when the military helicopter crashed, somebody (the Governor? Milton?) said that walkers starve, albeit at a much slower rate than humans.

Anyway, the funniest walker for me was the guy who hung himself, with the walker stuck in the well a close second.

Chaplain
So It Goes
Premium Member
USA

Chaplain

Premium Member

said by SixOfNine:

Anyway, the funniest walker for me was the guy who hung himself

Waste of an arrow.

Don't forget the well walker.

Rook008
Miles To Go
Premium Member
Far Rockaway, NY

Rook008 to SixOfNine

Premium Member

to SixOfNine
I totally forgot about that.
It must be a very long time because in the show we went through Lori's pregnancy (plus the time before that) without a noticeable decline in the number of zombies in the prison.

sivran
Vive Vivaldi
Premium Member
join:2003-09-15
Irving, TX

sivran to Voxxjin

Premium Member

to Voxxjin
So I decided to re-watch from the beginning...

Seems they were smarter in season 1. Morgan's zombified wife tried a doorknob, a zombie tries to climb a ladder, at least one of the walkers at the department store was bashing the glass with what appeared to be a rock, and several zombies attempt to climb a chain link fence. Yeah, y'know, the kind that surrounds the prison...

Oh, and a little girl zombie stops to pick up a teddy bear.

And that's just eps one and two.

SixOfNine
Premium Member
Sterling, VA

SixOfNine

Premium Member

said by sivran:

Seems they were smarter in season 1. Morgan's zombified wife tried a doorknob, a zombie tries to climb a ladder, at least one of the walkers at the department store was bashing the glass with what appeared to be a rock, and several zombies attempt to climb a chain link fence. Yeah, y'know, the kind that surrounds the prison...

Maybe they get dumber as they deteriorate.

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium Member
join:2006-08-30
Somewhere in

elwoodblues to sivran

Premium Member

to sivran
said by sivran:

That or the writers/producers realized that Zombies are dummies.. there was a scene in the first episode of S1 where Lori (I think it was here) was hiding inside the camper, n a closet a zombie was rattling doors, and looked way to smart to be undead.

Octavean
MVM
join:2001-03-31
New York, NY

Octavean to SixOfNine

MVM

to SixOfNine
said by SixOfNine:

said by sivran:

Maybe they get dumber as they deteriorate.

There was also an episode where Rick was pinned down and was trying to shoot a walker who kept slapping the gun,...so he shot the walker through something,....I think it was a dead walker,....pinning him,...

That is the way I remember it anyway,.....

Not sure of the episode. It was season two and I think it was the episode when Rick and Shane where trying to get rid of their captive Randall.
Octavean

Octavean to sivran

MVM

to sivran
said by sivran:

Which is in part why Milton's experiment earlier in season 3 made sense to try,.....and keep trying,....in theory,...

The doorknob in the shows opening credits was from the scene with Morgan's zombie wife.

Apparently there is some sort of remnant,......or that seems to be what they were trying to depict,...

SixOfNine
Premium Member
Sterling, VA

SixOfNine to Voxxjin

Premium Member

to Voxxjin
Going to use this thread because of the zombie theme and to address any early onset of withdrawal symptoms.

Here's an excellent short, a finalist at Tropfest Australia, a short film festival in Australia. It reminds me of some of the most emotionally intense scenes in Walking Dead.

»www.youtube.com/watch?fe ··· lQKTbE#!

Octavean
MVM
join:2001-03-31
New York, NY

Octavean

MVM

said by SixOfNine:

Going to use this thread because of the zombie theme and to address any early onset of withdrawal symptoms.

Here's an excellent short, a finalist at Tropfest Australia, a short film festival in Australia. It reminds me of some of the most emotionally intense scenes in Walking Dead.

»www.youtube.com/watch?fe ··· lQKTbE#!

I just read the latest issue of the Walking Dead. That's issue 109 which was released on 4-10-2013 and the next issue 110 will be released 4-8-2013. So I would quite say withdrawal is a problem for me,.......

I'll definitely check out the link though.

BTW, I watched an episode of "Doctor Who" the other day with David Morrissey AKA The Governor in it. I also have an episode of "The Nerdest" recorded with Walking Dead alumni,....

Rook008
Miles To Go
Premium Member
Far Rockaway, NY

Rook008 to SixOfNine

Premium Member

to SixOfNine
Nice video.
Clever dude.
Better writing than most of the season 3 episodes of The Walking Dead.