Octavean
MVM
join:2001-03-31
New York, NY

Octavean to Voxxjin

MVM

to Voxxjin

Re: The Walking Dead

Whoever, was spying on Carol doing the practice surgery is a mystery to me. The only thing that comes to mind is Michonne. While she is with Andrea and taking care of her she also ventures out but that is just a guess.

Grimm
join:2011-05-23

Grimm to Alcohol

to Alcohol
Alcohol,

How do you know they turned at all? A zombie is essentially a rotting corpse, so from the looks of it, the inmates in the picture were all executed before they turned.

Octavean,

First thing that came to my mind was Meryl or the Father/Son from the beginning episode(s) of the series.

PhoenixDown
FIOS is Awesome
Premium Member
join:2003-06-08
Fresh Meadows, NY

PhoenixDown to Voxxjin

Premium Member

to Voxxjin
That reminds me in the very first episode, who is the walker without legs (blonde women iirc) that Rick see when he leaves the hospital? He goes back and tracks her into the woods to kill her later on and spends a moment reflecting.
LocutusBorg
Premium Member
join:2005-12-25
Revere, MA

LocutusBorg

Premium Member

said by PhoenixDown:

That reminds me in the very first episode, who is the walker without legs (blonde women iirc) that Rick see when he leaves the hospital? He goes back and tracks her into the woods to kill her later on and spends a moment reflecting.

there is a webisode that explains all that. also shows her origins

Octavean
MVM
New York, NY

Octavean to Grimm

MVM

to Grimm
Good point. They all seem to have head wounds. So they could have received fatal head wounds without having become zombies and simply decomposed. The fact remains that someone did this and that they were likely aware they would become zombies after death (if not done right) or that they were zombies at the time. They all look like they had their hands tied BTW.

I have suspicions about it but nothing concrete. It could be something or it could be nothing like the prison guards culling the inmates to conserve resources for example.

That definitely could have been Merle Dexon. If it is he is getting around. Andrea and Michonne are likely very close to the prison. I think the trailer for next week has Andrea and Michonne in Woodbury so one would suspect that Merle Dexon is affiliated with that town.

Alcohol
Premium Member
join:2003-05-26
Climax, MI

Alcohol to Grimm

Premium Member

to Grimm
said by Grimm:

Alcohol,

How do you know they turned at all? A zombie is essentially a rotting corpse, so from the looks of it, the inmates in the picture were all executed before they turned.

They were clearly turned. In the episode you can see a closer view.
The corpse wouldn't be like that for 6 months. And wouldn't the other zombies eat it?

Snakeoil
Ignore Button. The coward's feature.
Premium Member
join:2000-08-05
united state

Snakeoil to Voxxjin

Premium Member

to Voxxjin
Now that Dish made nice with AMC, I wonder if AMC will have a marathon, so all us dish subscribers can catch up with this season.

Fir_Na_Tine
Time to get riggity riggity wrecked son
Premium Member
join:2001-01-03
South Jersey

1 recommendation

Fir_Na_Tine to Voxxjin

Premium Member

to Voxxjin

Rook008
Miles To Go
Premium Member
join:2002-02-05
Far Rockaway, NY

Rook008

Premium Member

lol

Snakeoil
Ignore Button. The coward's feature.
Premium Member
join:2000-08-05
united state

Snakeoil to Alcohol

Premium Member

to Alcohol
quote:
. How would they become zombies if they were inside the cage? Nobody bit them. I know they're all infected but it doesn't make sense for all them to turn at the same time.

I thought they covered this in the first season, or maybe in the books. Or maybe I read it in an unrelated zombie book [which is more likely].

Everyone is already infected, hence when they die, they turn. A bite from a zombie just triggers the transformation while you are alive.

Warzau
Premium Member
join:2000-10-26
Naperville, IL

Warzau

Premium Member

It was the final episode of the second season when Rick finally tells the group they are all infected. So like you said once you die you become zombified.

Alcohol
Premium Member
Climax, MI

Alcohol

Premium Member

That's interesting. Makes me wonder how it'll all end then. Can't have that many survives left if everyone becomes a zombie. Even the people dying from old age.

Octavean
MVM
New York, NY

Octavean

MVM

And there doesn’t seem to be a lot of fornication either. So replacing the living population seems unlikely,...

Still the books that the series is based on are far ahead of where they are now in the current season and there is no “end” in sight that I can see.

lotusracer
Premium Member
join:1999-11-26
Moline, IL

1 recommendation

lotusracer to Voxxjin

Premium Member

to Voxxjin
ha!

SixOfNine
Brake In A Ladylike Manner.
Premium Member
join:2001-08-30
Sterling, VA

SixOfNine to Voxxjin

Premium Member

to Voxxjin
Merle!
SixOfNine

SixOfNine to Voxxjin

Premium Member

to Voxxjin
So why did Merle kill the National Guardsmen? Because he's nuts (quite a hobby room he has there)? Or was it a cold-hearted logistical calculation? Or something in between?

Octavean
MVM
New York, NY

Octavean

MVM

You mean the Governor don't you not Merle.

In the books, the Governor seemed to be normal on the surface for a very short time but it quickly went to a very ugly and sick place. He seemed incapable of having a normal relationship due to his sick impulses which is why I found it odd that he had a woman in his bed at the end there.

They may play it differently in the series because I don't know how they can air some of the things that were in the book implied or otherwise.

SixOfNine
Brake In A Ladylike Manner.
Premium Member
join:2001-08-30
Sterling, VA

SixOfNine

Premium Member

Oops, yes, I meant the Governor.

Omega
Premium Member
join:2002-07-30
Golden, CO

Omega to Voxxjin

Premium Member

to Voxxjin
I found it interesting that they stated the zombies are starving, they just starve slower than humans. This means that eventually a zombie will die without food.

WK2
Premium Member
join:2006-12-28
united state

WK2 to Voxxjin

Premium Member

to Voxxjin
Very interesting episode tonight

Sorry to see Tdog and Lori go
beavercable
Premium Member
join:2008-05-11
Beaverton, OR

beavercable

Premium Member

Wow.....nobody's safe.

WK2
Premium Member
united state

WK2

Premium Member

Rick is losing it

Fir_Na_Tine
Time to get riggity riggity wrecked son
Premium Member
join:2001-01-03
South Jersey

Fir_Na_Tine to WK2

Premium Member

to WK2
I'm glad Lori is gone. T Dog I wished they kept around.

WK2
Premium Member
united state

1 edit

WK2

Premium Member

Same about Tdog

What about those prisoners? I think Rick should keep them around. Especially after that one guy shot the other guy who started the siren.

Voxxjin
Made of Hamburger
Premium Member
join:2010-01-13
Dupont, WA

Voxxjin

Premium Member

Wow. Didn't see most of that coming.

I wonder how Rick will feel because he let the one convict 'go'. If he would have killed him, things would be much different.

Octavean
MVM
New York, NY

Octavean to Voxxjin

MVM

to Voxxjin
This was a really interesting episode.

I kind of feel they went off the reservation a little with it but it was entertaining. Long time characters from the beginning of the series died showing them the reality of the world they live in. No one is safe.

Carol is MIA BTW,….

Rick has got to be thinking that he must be more proactive when dealing with threats like Andrew (the convict saboteur). Had he killed Andrew himself when he had the chance (instead of leaving him to the zombies) there wouldn’t have been that level of uncertainty and comeuppance.

Lori’s death is ultimately on Rick’s head here, although, I feel like her death in the book had more meaning and impact.

What I feel is missing from the show at this point is the psychological impact on the characters. They actually spent a fair amount of time addressing the fractured minds of the characters in the book and it was particularly disheartening to see this in the children. It was also a recurring theme. It really is too bad the series couldn’t capture this but they may be trying to go in this direction by having Carl kill his mother.

Alcohol
Premium Member
Climax, MI

Alcohol to Voxxjin

Premium Member

to Voxxjin
Noooo t dog noooo.. He died for no reason. But that's pretty much his whole character.

Glad Lori is gone though. The kid needs to go now and it'll become a decent show.

WK2
Premium Member
united state

WK2 to Voxxjin

Premium Member

to Voxxjin
Carol is MIA
djlar
join:2009-04-23

djlar

I hope Carol doesn't become another Sophia and ruin the season that is going so great right now..

Octavean
MVM
New York, NY

Octavean to Voxxjin

MVM

to Voxxjin
I’m actually sorry to see T-Dog go but the writers weren’t doing much with the character anyway so its almost as if they had killed him off way in advance of this. T-Dog wasn’t in the book and neither were the Dixon brothers. I think it was a missed opportunity for the writers to kill off T-Dog before a reckoning / reunion with Merle.