Search similar:

uniqs
Steve Sr
join:2012-10-13
Cary, NC

Steve Sr

Current Uverse/DSL Speeds In Cary, NC

Hello,

TWC is currently raising my rates so am evaluating AT&T again. I am looking at the Uverse 3.0Mb/s for $20/month plan.

I am wondering if anyone is actually seeing close to their advertised 3.0Mb/s rates consistently?

Two years ago I tried the Bellsouth /AT&T DSL service. I got 3.0Mb/s between my house and the DSLAM/CO according to modem and technician reports but only 0.5 to 1.5 Mb/s actual speeds on a consistent basis. It appeared that Bell south/AT&T didn't have the back end capacity to support their advertised rates. Rates were worst in the afternoons and evenings when everybody was online. Because of this I cancelled the service.

I was wondering if their currently advertised Uverse is any better or just a rebranding of the old DSL and whether they have made any improvements to their back end network bandwidth.

Thanks,

Steve

burris
Premium Member
join:2000-08-22
Palm Beach Gardens, FL

burris

Premium Member

Are you saying that you can get Uverse internet only-3 Mb for $20 month without buying the entire bundle with cable and voice?

That sounds like a pretty good price for internet only at that speed.
Are you sure this is not just an introductory offer for 6-12 months and then the price triples?
Steve Sr
join:2012-10-13
Cary, NC

Steve Sr

said by burris:

Are you saying that you can get Uverse internet only-3 Mb for $20 month without buying the entire bundle with cable and voice?

This is according to the AT&T website for our area. I haven't talked to them yet to see if there are any other strings.
said by burris:

That sounds like a pretty good price for internet only at that speed.
Are you sure this is not just an introductory offer for 6-12 months and then the price triples?

Yes, this is a 12 month "introductory" price.

Steve
medbuyer
join:2003-11-20
Memphis, TN

medbuyer to Steve Sr

to Steve Sr
how much is the price increase that TWC will levy on you?

anything wrong with the connection from TWC?

I would try out the uverse first just to try the service again. If it doesnt satisfy you, then you can cut it before the trial period ends.

If I were in your place, I'd swallow the price increase to keep a good connection going rather than to try to cut expenses but then again gain some troubleshooting headaches amd nightmares while being locked to them for the next 12 agonizing months.
w4ncr8
join:2000-10-27

w4ncr8

I would tell them that you were thinking about switch 2 uverse service my neighbor saying her contract was up with TWC her $ 108 TO $150 dollars a month I tell her to call them up tell them, switching to uverse they made it her a better deal and she had before!