share rss forum feed

rdavs
Premium
join:2002-11-21
Tucson, AZ
kudos:4

5 recommendations

I just wanted to say thanks...

I thought I would just say thank you, this gallery is what started and inspired me to really start taking photography seriously. I wonder how may other people were inspired enough through this gallery to grab a camera and start shooting....

jaykaykay
4 Ever Young
Premium,MVM
join:2000-04-13
USA
kudos:24
Reviews:
·Cox HSI
·Speakeasy

1 recommendation

I was not inspired to grab a camera by this Forum. But, I was inspired to do so with a digital camera! Climbers suggested that it might work well for me, and I never looked back. I have learned a lot about what I can, and cannot, do. I marvel at what you do.

rdavs
Premium
join:2002-11-21
Tucson, AZ
kudos:4
reply to rdavs

For me it was Tiggerstales »/pics/dimaging···folder=0 photos inspired me to buy a Canon 300d and its all history from there!

Jodokast96
Stupid people really piss me off.
Premium
join:2005-11-23
Erial, NJ
kudos:2

And what a history it has been so far for you!

And thanks for that link to Tigs Gallery. Somehow in all of the years both of us have been here, I missed seeing it.

Dexter
Premium
join:2003-08-07
Beverly, MA
kudos:1
reply to rdavs

That's funny.. It was rdavs See Profile images that inspired me to get my first Rebel XT. I blame her for all that money I've spent since then!
--
My Pbase Gallery

jaykaykay
4 Ever Young
Premium,MVM
join:2000-04-13
USA
kudos:24
Reviews:
·Cox HSI
·Speakeasy
reply to rdavs

said by rdavs:

For me it was Tiggerstales »/pics/dimaging···folder=0 photos inspired me to buy a Canon 300d and its all history from there!

Who inspires you now?

richdelb
Go Hawks Go
Premium
join:2003-01-22
Algonquin, IL
reply to rdavs

I too have been very inspired and learned quite a bit from this site.

Forhad

join:2012-10-03
Toronto, ON
reply to rdavs

This site inspired me too.

shaner
Premium
join:2000-10-04
Calgary, AB
reply to rdavs

said by rdavs:

I thought I would just say thank you, this gallery is what started and inspired me to really start taking photography seriously. I wonder how may other people were inspired enough through this gallery to grab a camera and start shooting....

*puts hand up*

I may not share a lot of my pics here, but this forum does inspire me to grab my camera and get outside.
--
I'm a man, but I can change. If I have to. I guess.

»shaner38.blogspot.com/

krazyboi
Premium
join:2008-06-27
Mckinney, TX
kudos:1

said by shaner:

said by rdavs:

*puts hand up*

I may not share a lot of my pics here, but this forum does inspire me to grab my camera and get outside.

same here... with the 2 kids keeping me busy I don't have much time to add to the gallery... but I do check the gallery/threads often... images here inspire me to get out a take pics

ryzst
Premium
join:2004-06-14
Tustin, CA
reply to rdavs

I found the forum somewhere around 2003-04 and was struck by one member's gallery of waterfalls. I started a membership, but didn't have much to share and almost quit. And then, out of the blue, sillzez, bless her heart, donated some credits to my account. That small kindness stopped me from feeling so sour and things kind of snowballed from there. I also credit tiggerstales, rdavs and Edit This for showing the way forward with their talent and vision.
--
There are more things in heaven and earth, than are dreamt of in your philosophy. ~ W.S.

GeekGirl1
Premium
join:2007-01-28
Morrisville, PA
kudos:2
reply to rdavs

Although this forum helps me with my photography skills, it wasn't what got me started. The Artify and Creative Expressions threads inspire me to be creative and expand my imagination, along with learning how to edit photos.