uniqs
mlord
join:2006-11-05
Kanata, ON

mlord to sbrook

to sbrook

Re: [OUTAGE] No Route in Nepean/ Stittsville

said by sbrook:

BritanniaTec ... the two west end head ends and TSI POIs in Ottawa are both on Richmond Rd! One in Westboro (which is probably the one you are on since your name is BritanniaTec, I would presume you live in Britannia!) and serves Ottawa west of Bank, Nepean North, Bells Cors.

Err, no. Bells Corners, or at least the Lynwood Village portion, is served from the Fallowfield POI.

sbrook
Mod
join:2001-12-14
Ottawa

sbrook

Mod

thanks mlord ... That's interesting ... and does make sense (after all Bell's Cors. is probably closer to Fallowfield than almost any other place than Fallowfield Village! I was going on the historical footprints and had no responses out of people from Bells Cors. when I did the map. I would imagine the western boundary of RCHRD would now be HWY 416 then.

I still remember the days when Bells Corners was in the Boonies: half way to Carleton Place almost. There was virtually nothing west of Shoppers City West until the village of Bells Corners! You definitely had left Ottawa when you got to BC!

Oh how times have changed and changed again.
mlord
join:2006-11-05
Kanata, ON

mlord

Okay, my neighbour now has TSI Internet working again, on one of the 198.* addresses. He is actually across the street from me, on a different cable segment, on the same local (neighbourhood) node. That node is fibre connected to the Fallowfield POI, where we each appear to be on different CMTSs.

He's on 10.124.7.129 (8/4 bonding), whereas I'm on 10.124.5.1 (4/1 bonding).