spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

nontechie

@direcway.com

HT1000 Gen 4

Just had Gen 4 upgrade less than 2 wks ago and now have to reboot several times a day as the server connection keeps disconnecting. Contacted Hughesnet several times and problem not resolved. Does anyone have any suggestions?

A Tech

join:2008-11-10

Send me an account number and I can look at it or a phone number and I will call.

james1979
Premium
join:2012-10-09
Quinault, WA
reply to nontechie

said by nontechie :

Just had Gen 4 upgrade less than 2 wks ago and now have to reboot several times a day as the server connection keeps disconnecting.

Could you describe your problem in more detail? I'm only on day 3 of Gen 4, and it sounds like we're having similar problems. My Gen 4 system is flaky and unreliable. I don't want to hijack your thread by going into more detail about the problems that I am having without your permission. But so far, you are the only person reporting problems similar to mine.

Do you have to reboot your modem? When I lose connections to servers, I can eventually connect after anywhere from several seconds to several minutes.

A Tech

reply to nontechie

Is the modem hooked directly to the computer or is there a router ?
What are the lights on the modem doing when it is not working ? Each light will either be on off or blinking.

nontechie

@direcway.com
reply to james1979

If I leave computer on overnight and try to open Outlook in the morning I get a message saying no server connection. Also, if I have been working online for a while and go to do something else for a few hours, I get the same message when I return. The only way I can get it to reconnect is to reboot the CPU. I have a router, but I only connect the router when I plan on using a laptop.

nontechie

@direcway.com
reply to A Tech

The modem is hooked directly to the computer. I have a router, but only hook it up to the modem when I plan on using a laptop. When it is not working, all the lights on the modem are lit, sometimes the LAN light will blink.

A Tech

sounds like a bad lan port to me.

JSheridan

join:2006-07-03
USA

said by A Tech:

Or maybe the LAN port is going to sleep?

A Tech

said by JSheridan:

said by A Tech:

Or maybe the LAN port is going to sleep?

Sounds like that to. You think it might be the ID ten T LAN port ?

TexasRebel

join:2011-05-29
Edgewood, TX
reply to nontechie

since this is about the HT1000 for GEN4, does anyone have a list of all the Diagnostic Codes that translate to what they mean?

I'm seeing various codes listed at the top of the screen just after the SAN and ESN numbers. Just wonder if there's a published list of codes and what they mean.

zeekstern

join:2007-11-25
reply to nontechie

I too have the disconnect problem. Mine was just installed on Monday. When I lose the connection, I just power off/on my router and it reconnects. I don't have to do anything with the Hughes modem.

I'm glad I found this because I was shopping for a new router. Seems like it just another Hughes problem:))

nontechie

@direcway.com
reply to james1979

I just called Hughesnet again and they sent me to Advanced Tech support. They seem to think the problem is that my computer settings were set to sleep after a certain period of time. They had me go to the device manager, select network adapters, and the realtek family controller and uncheck the allow the computer to turn off this device to save power. Then reboot the computer. I should by tomorrow if this resolved the issue.

nontechie

@direcway.com
reply to zeekstern

Please see the response I just posted to James1979. Hughesnet Advanced Tech support had me disable the power saver. I should know in a few hours or tomorrow morning if issues has been resolved.

tonytech

@qualxserv.com
reply to TexasRebel

if you go into the advanced page by clicking on the "i" on the right side of the systam status page 192.168.0.1 you can get a list of all the status codes and what they mean