spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

valinrace

join:2012-10-04

Magic Jack plus plug?

Hi guys, do anyone experienced this problem? the plug keeps coming off? or is loose?

lugnut

@look.ca

Mine never has, but then again mine is under a desk in my basement plugged into my computer's UPS along with my router.

Which plug are we talking about? The USB cable that's plugged into the wall wart power supply or the RJ11 phone jack that's plugged into your phone?

Like I said, mine is almost never disturbed. Is yours plugged into a wired handset that is constantly being tugged on and moved about?

If that's your problem perhaps a bit of adhesive tape in a strategic place might be a solution?

valinrace

reply to valinrace

the power plug in the wall, the matter I cant use a adhesive tape because their are a lot of other stuffs that are plugged into that socket and also. I ask this question because I never unplugged my magic jack anymore from the socket is it because of the heat?

lugnut

@look.ca

Sounds like a manufacturer's defect to me. I'd say contact the MJ Help Chat and talk to them about it. They should send you a new power adapter free of charge since it's still under warranty and also by the sound of it, a safety hazard.

valinrace

Alright may I ask you how long will it take for them to send me a new adapter?

lugnut

@look.ca

You may ask but I have no idea

valinrace

reply to valinrace

I already message them yesterday but still now no reply.

Jim Gurd
Premium
join:2000-07-08
Livonia, MI
reply to valinrace

Sounds to me like your wall outlet is bad. Try plugging it into a power strip and see if it stays put.

J E F F
Whatta Ya Think About Dat?
Premium
join:2004-04-01
Kitchener, ON
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Rogers Portable ..

said by Jim Gurd:

Sounds to me like your wall outlet is bad. Try plugging it into a power strip and see if it stays put.

That is what I was going to say. I have several in my house I have to replace over the next couple months, they don't hold anything.
--
If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. - Albert Einstein