how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Escha

@comcast.net
reply to NetFixer

Re: [Equipment] Dynamic IP not changing - ISP blaming Vonage

Thanks; I'll have a look at the cloning bit. One question: Would this resolve my loss of my 2 upstream channels? Or how to get them back? If I have to call Comcast (never fun), what should I ask them to do? Thanks muchly.

NetFixer
Freedom is NOT Free
Premium
join:2004-06-24
The Boro
Reviews:
·Cingular Wireless
·Comcast Business..
·Vonage
said by Escha :

Thanks; I'll have a look at the cloning bit. One question: Would this resolve my loss of my 2 upstream channels? Or how to get them back? If I have to call Comcast (never fun), what should I ask them to do? Thanks muchly.

No, MAC address cloning has nothing to do with upstream channel bonding, but another power cycle of the modem might help with that. After you change your IP address, you may want to check your modem stats and logs and pay particular attention to the upstream power levels. A poor connection is the most common cause of channel bonding problems (it may also be caused by maintenance being done on Comcast's infrastructure).

I would suggest that you open a thread in this site's »Comcast HSI forum for help with your upstream bonding issue. If you register on this site and get a userid, you can also post in the »Comcast Direct forum and get direct help from a level higher than the tier one phone support.
--
We can never have enough of nature.
We need to witness our own limits transgressed, and some life pasturing freely where we never wander.