Gone Fishing
Premium
join:2001-06-29

4 edits

[Info] The cheapest and easiest upgrade paths to Windows 8

w w w . z d n e t . c o m
quote:
w w w . z d n e t . c o m

What are the cheapest and easiest upgrade paths to Windows 8?
By Ed Bott

Summary: Microsoft has finally spilled most pricing details for Windows 8. But buying and upgrading is still confusing. Use this guide to find the cheapest, best way to upgrade. Oh, and be sure to read this if you plan to stick with Windows 7. You can avoid a big gotcha if you know your rights.

I've broken this post into upgrade scenarios. If you've got a scenario you don't see covered here, use the Feedback form at the bottom of this post to send me a note.

You’re planning to buy a new Windows 8 PC...

You have an existing desktop PC or notebook that came with Windows XP, Vista, or Windows 7 and was purchased before June 2, 2012...

You have an existing desktop PC or notebook that came with Windows 7 and was purchased between June 2, 2012, and January 31, 2013...

You want to install Windows 8 in a virtual machine on a Mac or PC...

You want to install Windows 8 on a new PC that you built or bought that did not include a Windows license...

You have a new Windows 8 PC and you want to add DVD playback capabilities and Media Center software...

You want to downgrade to Windows 7...

More @ »www.zdnet.com/what-are-the-cheap···cid=e019

--
non nova, sed nove
primum non nocere

Gone Fishing
Premium
join:2001-06-29

2 edits

[Info] Windows 8 delivers the goods on benchmarks

r e v i e w s . c n e t . c o m
*All tests measured in seconds, except for Cinebench. On the Cinebench test, the higher number is better.

quote:
r e v i e w s . c n e t . c o m

Windows 8 delivers the goods on benchmarks
by Seth Rosenblatt

Most people may swear by the number seven for luck, but results from CNET Labs show that Microsoft's new favorite very well could be lucky number 8.

A word of caution about these benchmarks: They provide a snapshot of how our specific test hardware performs under strictly controlled conditions. They are not always representative of actual real-world performance.

More @ »reviews.cnet.com/8301-33642_7-57···ag=title

--
non nova, sed nove
primum non nocere