spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

karrun

join:2011-03-03

[IL] Chad please read: Frequent disconnects-overutilization

We've been having problems for the past two months and I am about ready to cancel my account. I replaced both my modem and my router to no avail. Frequent disconnects at peak usage times. Finally, a helpful rep did some diagnostics a few weeks ago and confirmed our suspicions. Our node is over-utilized. That's why every evening we get frequent disconnects between 6:30 and 10 pm. We were dispatched a tech who only replaced our trap, which did nothing. Finally our problem was escalated and I thought we would get the problem solved about a week ago when the tech again came out and said a maintenance team was going to fix the issue within a day or two. I specifically requested someone contact us when the issue was fixed, as the work was going to be at a remote location and we wouldn't know when it was being done. We never heard anything, and now, a week later, the problem is worse than ever. its a rainy Sunday afternoon and we can't connect worth cr*p. I am only able to post this by frequently resetting our modem and catching a moment when I am still connected.
I'll check my messages Chad, but can't guarantee I will be able to connect.

MediacomChad
Mediacom Social Media Relations Team
Premium,VIP
join:2010-01-20
Gulf Breeze, FL
kudos:117
I will be happy to look into the connection issues you have been having. I see that you sent me a message as well. I will look into this and reply to your message.

dbqjoe

@mchsi.com
reply to karrun
I've been getting disconnects like crazy as well here in Dubuque over the last couple of days. Its been nuts, I cant remember the last time I was having this much trouble with my service. Earlier today I was having awful speeds over Wifi when using my Nexus 7. Did a few speedtests and was barely braking 3mbps.

I've had reset my modem several times over the last few days for some reason. I thought maybe my modem was old (older Motorola I bought years ago) and needed replacing. Dunno but the last few days have pretty unreliable.

wth
Premium
join:2002-02-20
Iowa City,IA
Reviews:
·Mediacom
said by dbqjoe :

I've been getting disconnects like crazy as well here in Dubuque over the last couple of days.

Could be due to the rain that fell on Sat & Sun, which is entering cable or connectors outside. This can cause the upstream power level to rise to where the modem can't connect/stay connected to the headend.

MediacomChad
Mediacom Social Media Relations Team
Premium,VIP
join:2010-01-20
Gulf Breeze, FL
kudos:117
reply to dbqjoe
Send me your info and I can see why this is happening.