uniqs
Ontarionet
join:2005-07-05
Guelph, ON

Ontarionet to neuromancer1

to neuromancer1

Re: I want to be contacted asap!!!

Don't you have something better to do?

Am I not allowed to vent here now since I have a brainwashed mob who seem to love Canada but don't like freedoms, I guess.

I'm not replying anymore. I know that others are having trouble with the internet so talk to them and see how they are feeling today.

NytOwl
join:2012-09-27
canada

NytOwl

said by Ontarionet:

Same goes for you. Do you not have anything better to do than to berate those who are here to help, and to spew blatant hatred for our country?

Instead of wasting your time throwing your hatred around, try contributing more positively to society.
said by Ontarionet:

Am I not allowed to vent here now since I have a brainwashed mob who seem to love Canada but don't like freedoms, I guess.

Get off your high horse. People vent here every day. What you've done is taking it too far by going about it in a blatantly insulting and hateful manner. Everyone is free to vent, but we have the courteous expectation here that those who do so will do it respectfully. What you did was throw your egotistical weight around, insulting our country, thinking you deserved to be treated like royalty. Not happening.
said by Ontarionet:

I'm not replying anymore. I know that others are having trouble with the internet so talk to them and see how they are feeling today.

If all you have to say here is negative and hateful, then by all means don't reply anymore.

If you have anything constructive and respectful to say, even if you're venting, you're more than welcome to do so. Otherwise, feel free to stay quiet.

There are plenty of forums all over the Internet where people like you can spew all the hate speech they so desire in order to further inflate their egos. This isn't one of them.
scorpido
Premium Member
join:2009-11-02
Abbotsford, BC

scorpido

Premium Member

Ontarionet, aside from the bill thing, you are right about how Bell and Rogers screws with the smaller providers. I also think it is about time people stand up and tell them to stop messing with people. CRTC is your first point of contact, and by the way my neighbor who also has teksavvy also has lots of disconnects, and she just got fed up trying to deal with them as they always blame Bell. But yeah I hear yeah with regards to indie isp service being crap thanks to the big guys making it bad and no one having the balls to do anything about it.
The Mongoose
join:2010-01-05
Toronto, ON

The Mongoose to Ontarionet

to Ontarionet
said by Ontarionet:

No one's saying you're not allowed. They're not trying to infringe upon your freedom of speech; they're using theirs to point out that you're being completely ridiculous.
Expand your moderator at work

Mike2009
join:2009-01-13
Ottawa, ON
TP-Link Archer C7
Technicolor DCM476
Grandstream HT701

Mike2009 to Ontarionet

to Ontarionet

Re: I want to be contacted asap!!!

said by Ontarionet:

Yes, your're allowed to vent but don't be nasty when people provide their comments.
Ontarionet
Guelph, ON

Ontarionet to scorpido

to scorpido
said by scorpido:

Ontarionet, aside from the bill thing, you are right about how Bell and Rogers screws with the smaller providers. I also think it is about time people stand up and tell them to stop messing with people. CRTC is your first point of contact, and by the way my neighbor who also has teksavvy also has lots of disconnects, and she just got fed up trying to deal with them as they always blame Bell. But yeah I hear yeah with regards to indie isp service being crap thanks to the big guys making it bad and no one having the balls to do anything about it.

Thanks. I'm glad I received one sensible reply.

My rant was mostly about Rogers/Bell, really. I realize that Teksavvy and others have sent letters and protested to the CRTC and all that. But, although that is very good, it is disconcerting that even these moves seem to have only a limited effect on them.

I'm not sure what the solution is (if there is one) but I guess that is where the rant came from.
Ontarionet

Ontarionet to Mike2009

to Mike2009
How was I being nasty?
If people want to beat their chests while Canada has a poor state of telecommunications (both internet and wireless), that's fine. But, complaining and whining about my comments doesn't really accomplish anything.

AkFubar
Admittedly, A Teksavvy Fan
join:2005-02-28
Toronto CAN.

AkFubar

said by Ontarionet:

said by Mike2009 See Profile
Yes, your're allowed to vent but don't be nasty when people provide their comments.
[/BQUOTE :

How was I being nasty?
If people want to beat their chests while Canada has a poor state of telecommunications (both internet and wireless), that's fine. But, complaining and whining about my comments doesn't really accomplish anything.

I seriously doubt your rant will accomplish anything either.
Ontarionet
Guelph, ON

Ontarionet

said by AkFubar:

said by Ontarionet:

said by Mike2009 See Profile
[/BQUOTE :

How was I being nasty?

I seriously doubt your rant will accomplish anything either.

Well, I get to blow off steam. Maybe one person thinks about it and ultimately sees where I'm coming from. If so, then it does.

BronsCon
join:2003-10-24
Fairfield, CA

BronsCon to Ontarionet

to Ontarionet
said by Ontarionet:

How was I being nasty?

Unfortunately, neither do your comments.

You may get a refund, credit, or discount and that may all be well with you, but it does f***-all to address the greater issues you have already acknowledged in this thread.

As a neutral outsider (a couple thousand miles outside TSI's service area), I have to say they're doind the best they can with what they have and it's time (and has been for some years now) that users such as yourself take these complaints to the CRTC, as it's not enough for the providers themselves to do so.

I've said this time and again and everyone always jumps on me for defending TSI when I do. You know what? I support TSI for what they do but anyone with any sense also sees that I rip on them when it is due, so let me head that off right here. Yes, I defend them when someone is going out of their way to ignore the facts of the situation; that's nto the case here, Ontarionet has already acknowledged the facts. I'm merely pointing out the most logical course of action.