spc
Search similar:

uniqs

jtgrove
@216.127.124.x

jtgrove

Anon

10 days to get UVerse :-(

I set up my UVerse request like 3 weeks ago and it is still 10 days to get this service activated. The orginal estimate was 3 days but it's now going to be 5 weeks. As I do software development, this is an incredible inconvenience making me drive into the office to get any work done (incl Sat and Sun). Is there any way to get this expedited? It's INSANE on signup to say three days and then make it over 1000% longer.

I'm based in Los Angeles.

thx for any advice / help

ILpt4U
Premium Member
join:2006-11-12
Saint Louis, MO

ILpt4U

Premium Member

You can try a Direct forum post and/or contact the Social Media Support team @ uversecare@att.com

maartena
Elmo
Premium Member
join:2002-05-10
Orange, CA

maartena to jtgrove

Premium Member

to jtgrove
Had the same issue when I signed up in 2010 after buying a house. Shortage of labor to do the work. Signed up in the first week of October, didn't get an install till first week of November, so 4 weeks waiting.

I ended up signing up for cable internet, who could come out the day after we moved in to our new house. After U-verse was installed, I cancelled them as they were month-to-month.

Not too much you can do about it, unless someone's install is cancelled, and you can fill its place.... but you would have to have called and made arrangements for that ahead of time, otherwise as soon as that cancellation goes through it is filled within seconds, perhaps by other people waiting.

4 weeks from signing up seems to be typical for AT&T.

techguyga
Premium Member
join:2003-12-31

techguyga to jtgrove

Premium Member

to jtgrove
Just curious, but did you order TV also, or just internet? From what I've seen, the orders with TV included are pushed through much quicker. I ordered at 6:45pm on a Monday, and they were at my house at 9am the next morning.

maartena
Elmo
Premium Member
join:2002-05-10
Orange, CA

maartena

Premium Member

said by techguyga:

Just curious, but did you order TV also, or just internet? From what I've seen, the orders with TV included are pushed through much quicker. I ordered at 6:45pm on a Monday, and they were at my house at 9am the next morning.

Yeah that might be an interesting factor. I ordered voice and internet, no TV. Also, it varies by region.... I know AT&T is grossly understaffed in Los Angeles. This may be different in Cumming, Georgia.

They also have been making a big sales push in the last few weeks (more ads, fliers etc)..... 4th quarter has started, and that's always a time where they try to get their quota numbers up.

When I tried to get my appointment moved up, they pretty much said they were booked solid. It might be different for business connections, as I ordered residential. The only way a spot would open up before that is if an appointment got cancelled, and they could take that spot. They said that requires almost DAILY phone calls though, as they will just fill up that spot with the next person that calls for an appointment, or they fill it with the person that screams the loudest.

Since my cable company is month to month and even had a 30 day money back guarantee, I went with that. Install cable, and cancelled it on day 29, when U-verse was installed. Problem solved.