--
Wacky Races 2012!

Mospaw
My socks don't match.
Hawaiian Jellyfish
join:2001-01-08
Mile High
kudos:1

I'd be happy to see ethanol out of the fuel supply. My 2010 Ford Flex runs a lot better on pure gas and despite it's name, isn't a flex fuel vehicle.

mob
On the next level..
Premium
join:2000-10-07
reply to aurgathor

I do not object to this.

Cryptic24
Go Stewie Go Stewie It's Your Birthday
Premium
join:2002-12-17
Corry, PA
reply to aurgathor

Do it! And do it now!

ilikeme
I live in a van down by the river.
Premium
join:2002-08-27
Sugar Land, TX
reply to aurgathor

I would love it if this happens!

Ken
Premium,MVM
join:2003-06-16
Markle, IN
reply to aurgathor

As they should do. The corn prices have gone up so high that farmers can't afford to buy enough for their cattle and are supplementing the corn with candy.

said by »money.cnn.com/2012/10/10/news/ec···dy-feed/ :
Cut-rate byproducts of dubious value for human consumption seem to make fine fodder for cows. While corn goes for about $315 a ton, ice-cream sprinkles can be had for as little as $160 a ton.

"As the price of corn has climbed, farmers either sold off their pigs and cattle, or they found alternative feeds," said Mike Yoder, a dairy farmer in Middlebury, Ind. He feeds his 400 cows bits of candy, hot chocolate mix, crumbled cookies, breakfast cereal, trail mix, dried cranberries, orange peelings and ice cream sprinkles, which are blended into more traditional forms of feed, like hay.

The farmer said that he goes over the feed menu every couple of weeks with a livestock nutritionist who advised him to cap the candy at 3% of a cow's diet. He said that the sugar in ice cream sprinkles seems to increase milk production by three pounds per cow per day.

BonezX
Basement Dweller
Premium
join:2004-04-13
Canada

said by Ken:

As they should do. The corn prices have gone up so high that farmers can't afford to buy enough for their cattle and are supplementing the corn with candy.

what happens when being a do-gooder meets reality.

now if they restricted ethanol production to non-food crops it would do about the same thing, people would plant what costs them the least and what makes them the most money.

lostinms
Moo

join:2001-11-29
Grenada, MS
reply to aurgathor

there is a company that is exploring making ethanol out of pine sap.

do_it

@comcast.net

said by ilikeme :
I would love it if this happens!
So would the engines!

Subaru
1-3-2-4
Premium
join:2001-05-31
Greenwich, CT
reply to aurgathor