how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

MineCoast
Premium
join:2004-10-06

[FL] Lost Channel Bonding...

I have a SB6121 and had 4 channel bonding on the downstream which worked flawlessly and I was pulling over 40 MBit's down.

I move 1 or 2 miles away, barely even 5 minutes away, and have no bonding at all and am only pulling 24 MBit's or so.

I bought this modem because of the bonding and without bonding, the modem is useless to me and I wasted over $100.

I'm at a total loss... I've called support multiple times and no one can seem to figure out why I am not bonding on the downstream. The only "decent" answer I got was that there are too many people on the node I am now on.

Help?

MineCoast
Premium

MineCoast
Premium
reply to MineCoast

Upstream Levels

digiblur
Premium
join:2002-06-03
Louisiana
reply to MineCoast

Too many people? Sounds like the rep wanted to get you off the phone. That's one of the reasons to want bonding is due to tons of people on the node.

That node might not be D3 yet. I'd check with one of the support people here and they might be able to look up you area to see what's going on.

MineCoast
Premium

said by digiblur:

Too many people? Sounds like the rep wanted to get you off the phone. That's one of the reasons to want bonding is due to tons of people on the node.

That node might not be D3 yet. I'd check with one of the support people here and they might be able to look up you area to see what's going on.

I've tried contacting several tech's here as well as made at least 4-5 calls and have yet to get any type of answer.

odog
Cable Centric Vendor Biased
Premium,VIP
join:2001-08-05
Atlanta, GA
kudos:13
reply to MineCoast

send me your modem mac. How many people are on a node shouldn't have anything to do with it.

DDR329

@cox.net
reply to MineCoast

The modem will bond with the channels so long as they are there to bond to. This has absolutely nothing to do with how many people are in your area - sounds like a rep has facts confused.

If you already reset the power and the modem still doesn't pick up any of the channels bonding then as digiblur stated the node probably isn't set for D3 yet.

If you are paying for ultimate speed then you have a case with a legitimate issue. If you don't then....well good luck because you are likely getting proper/higher speeds anyway.