Search similar:

uniqs

nascar
join:2000-02-28
Verona, NJ

nascar to robertf390_t

to robertf390_t

Re: [HD] Cartoon Network HD Ch 757

The Cartoon HD logo is now correct in the guide (VHO7) but there is not one show indicated as HD yet.

matcarl
Premium Member
join:2007-03-09
Franklin Square, NY

matcarl

Premium Member

said by nascar:

The Cartoon HD logo is now correct in the guide (VHO7) but there is not one show indicated as HD yet.

Correct, still no HD designation and the new NBA channels don't show it either. What's going on with the people that code these things? I guess since we don't get many HD's they forgot how to do it.

More Fiber
MVM
join:2005-09-26
Cape Coral, FL

More Fiber to bohratom

MVM

to bohratom
said by bohratom:

zap2it (which Verizon pays to provide guide data)

VZ's data provider is FYI, not Zap2it.
»fyitelevision.com/

If VZ used Zap2it, we'd have better quality guide data.
rantanamo
join:2012-10-23
Garland, TX

rantanamo

correct. Zap2It does provide Tivo and Media Center guide data though.

tsskiller
join:2005-07-24
Bronx, NY

tsskiller to robertf390_t

to robertf390_t
EPG for CNHD is live on my Tivo Premiere in VH05.

celticpride
@verizon.net

celticpride

Anon

verizon needs to correct the guide this morning guide shows looney tunes but the channel is showing cowardly dog. I think what has happened is we have the east coast guide in southern california! and we have the pacific west coast cartoon network signal! so we cant set up any recordings in our guide!!

webobbler
@verizon.net

webobbler to nascar

Anon

to nascar
Nor can I record a show, put the HD channel into favorites, and also the 257 channel does not indicate that that : "Press C for HD" option as of yet. In VHO 7

matcarl
Premium Member
Franklin Square, NY

matcarl

Premium Member

said by webobbler :

Nor can I record a show, put the HD channel into favorites, and also the 257 channel does not indicate that that : "Press C for HD" option as of yet. In VHO 7

Yup, after two weeks it's still not fixed
ab4bd
join:2008-01-24
Venice, FL

ab4bd to robertf390_t

to robertf390_t
It made the news.
»www.sacbee.com/2012/10/2 ··· and.html

But it's not in the guide yet here in south west Florida.

George

aaronwt
Premium Member
join:2004-11-07
Woodbridge, VA
Asus RT-AX89

aaronwt

Premium Member

said by ab4bd:

It made the news.

George

Wait.... what?? It's actually two networks?? Cartoon Network and Adult Swim??? Cartoon network from 6AM to 9PM and Adult Swim from 9PM to 6AM.
PJL
join:2008-07-24
Long Beach, CA

PJL

said by aaronwt:

said by ab4bd:

It made the news.

George

Wait.... what?? It's actually two networks?? Cartoon Network and Adult Swim??? Cartoon network from 6AM to 9PM and Adult Swim from 9PM to 6AM.

It's not exactly two networks; "Found on FiOS TV channel 757, Cartoon Network features the best in original, acquired and classic entertainment for kids and families. The channel changes over to Adult Swim from 9 pm – 6 am, offering original and acquired animation and live action comedy.

See also »forums.verizon.com/t5/Ve ··· p/495269.

matcarl
Premium Member
Franklin Square, NY

matcarl

Premium Member

It is two different networks. Cartoon Network allowed Adult Swim to share it's channel about two years ago.

motorola870
join:2008-12-07
Arlington, TX

motorola870

said by matcarl:

It is two different networks. Cartoon Network allowed Adult Swim to share it's channel about two years ago.

Adult swim has been around since 2001. Don't know where you are getting that adult swim came into existence in 2010? Adult swim is owned by cartoon network they are even housed in the same studios as Cartoon Network and I believe CNN.

matcarl
Premium Member
Franklin Square, NY

matcarl

Premium Member

Oops, you're right. 2010 was when they expanded their time slot on Cartoon Network, but they are treated as two different networks to answer that previous poster's question.
videogod
join:2007-08-29
Auburn, NY

videogod

Still

Not Subscribed message

here in Central NY State VH03 I think

celticpride
@verizon.net

celticpride

Anon

I had the same problem with the guide last time verizon switched to tnt pacific feed here in so cal.A call to tivo fixed the problem 7 days later,so i called tivo yesterday and they said it will take 5 to 7 days to fix guide issue , Not sure how long verizon will take to solve the guide problem with verizon dvrs and receiver. maybe more people need to call verizon and explain the problem.
dmon4u
join:2006-03-15
Hummelstown, PA

dmon4u

Re: [HD] Cartoon Network

A CSR told me that the ExtremeHD Package does not get the channel. Other forums says we do.

webcobbler
@verizon.net

webcobbler to webobbler

Anon

to webobbler

As of today I can put this channel into Favorites and I can record Manually (have not tried Series Recordings yet.)

However, I can still not see "Press C for HD" option as of yet on the SD 257 channel, to indicate that there is indeed an HD channel of this. (ex. channel 50 is USA "Press C for HD" option appears and it takes me to 550 USA HD)

I hope they fix this and get everything in order by the end of the month, since the HD channel is now officially in all FiOS markets.

WK2
Premium Member
join:2006-12-28
united state

WK2 to robertf390_t

Premium Member

to robertf390_t
Very happy thus far
blushrts
join:2001-01-06
New Cumberland, PA

blushrts to robertf390_t

to robertf390_t
What packages get this channel? I'm in Harrisburg PA and I get the same message dmon4u gets. Channel not subscribed. I have the extremehd package.

Greg2600
join:2008-05-20
Belleville, NJ

Greg2600

said by blushrts:

What packages get this channel? I'm in Harrisburg PA and I get the same message dmon4u gets. Channel not subscribed. I have the extremehd package.

It should be available on Extreme. Just call Verizon support.
dmon4u
Hummelstown, PA

2 edits

dmon4u

Re: [HD] Cartoon Network

How many times do you need to call them till you get one that thinks the channel is available to all ?

As you can see i called them and got zip.

I just, now, tried CHAT and the person there said all get the channel. He had me log into my account for some reason, and , naturally the CHAT session cut out. So, I still do not have the channel.

I also checked my channel listings online and the Cartoon Network HD is not there.
PJL
join:2008-07-24
Long Beach, CA

PJL

said by dmon4u:

How many times do you need to call them till you get one that thinks the channel is available to all ?

As you can see i called them and got zip.

I just, now, tried CHAT and the person there said all get the channel. He had me log into my account for some reason, and , naturally the CHAT session cut out. So, I still do not have the channel.

I also checked my channel listings online and the Cartoon Network HD is not there.

Have you tried an STB auto-correction yet?
dmon4u
Hummelstown, PA

dmon4u

First thing I Did. I even tried the old trick of unplugging the STB for a while.

PaCK Fan
join:2012-01-19
Richmond, VA

PaCK Fan to robertf390_t

to robertf390_t

i am loving the regular show in HD...dudes

motorola870
join:2008-12-07
Arlington, TX

motorola870

said by PaCK Fan:

i am loving the regular show in HD...dudes

Hummelstown, PA

1 edit

dmon4u to PaCK Fan

to PaCK Fan

Re: [HD]

So, I'm doing the usual with VZ. Called up..talked to Technical Service. They tried 2 ways to reset the STB. Then they transfered me over to Customer Service because I'm just not supposed to get the channel.

The woman CSR first said that there's no HD version for my Extreme, then I said check the other packages and she found it was not listed for them either. She then went to some sort of info site they have and found it. She said, though, that it was available regionally. I told her to talk to a Supervisor and she came back with a clear, yes, everyone should have this channel. She then stayed with me to get back to Technical Services.

She had said she told him what he had to do but he once again said that the channel was not available. He checked with someone and they told him it was. He checked the STB and found that it was disabled after I read the serial number to him. We returned a STB mid summer.

Now, he said it would take an hour for him to disable this STB and re-enable it. It's been an hour and now the STB provides no channels at all. I checked the TiVo I have and it still has channels but no Cartoon Network.

I figure that we're SOL on that STB, the only one we have.

Since this sort of thing happens with VZ about every year or two, we're used this this level of service.
blushrts
join:2001-01-06
New Cumberland, PA

blushrts

Just wasted almost an hour of my life to have two different reps tell me Cartoon Network HD is NOT included in the Extreme HD package. This is ridiculous.
dmon4u
Hummelstown, PA

dmon4u

Ask them if it's included in any of the other Packages and they'll find out it's not listed for those either.

dcowboy
join:2012-05-10
Pequannock, NJ

dcowboy

I notice that even though i record cartoon network shows only off the HD channel the dvr is still calculating the time in the normal video time total summary not in the HD time total % on the dvr.