Premium
join:2001-08-25
Kendall, FL
kudos:3

AT&T Data Usage - Anyone Seeing this?

Click for full size
Click for full size
Click for full size
When I check my data usage, both online and the iPhone app are reporting my usage as 568.71mb, but the text message alert (*3282#) is reporting more.

Anyone else seeing this?
--
CheckSite.us | YourIP.us | Reverseip.us

Alcohol
Premium
join:2003-05-26
Climax, MI
kudos:4
Reviews:
·Comcast

Click for full size
Click for full size
Not a big difference on my HTC One X powered by the Google android operating system. Text is reporting less.

Web shows 47.26 of 2048 MB used

ilikeme
I live in a van down by the river.
Premium
join:2002-08-27
Sugar Land, TX
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Vonage
reply to Rob

Click for full size
Click for full size
They match on mine.

Rob
In Deo speramus.
Premium
Kendall, FL

Hmm. I wonder why yours say Unlimited on the app, and mine has a value.

todthebod

join:2004-01-10
Easley, SC
reply to Rob

I got the iphone when it first came out five years ago. I now have the 4s with a 2g plan. Not once in those 5 years did I exceed 200mb/month. After I updated to ios6, I got an auto-text from ATT saying I had exceeded 2g in the first 10 days of my billing cycle. Right now I'm at 4g for the month. My phone sending/receiving ghost data even when I'm on wifi. I don't download anything or send anything. Everything is set for wifi only.

Rob
In Deo speramus.
Premium
Kendall, FL

said by todthebod:

I got the iphone when it first came out five years ago. I now have the 4s with a 2g plan. Not once in those 5 years did I exceed 200mb/month. After I updated to ios6, I got an auto-text from ATT saying I had exceeded 2g in the first 10 days of my billing cycle. Right now I'm at 4g for the month. My phone sending/receiving ghost data even when I'm on wifi. I don't download anything or send anything. Everything is set for wifi only.

I'm beginning to this this is also happening with me. I know Verizon customers had this problem, and I wonder if AT&T customers are also experiencing it.
--
CheckSite.us | YourIP.us | Reverseip.us

Shrapnel64
Premium
join:2001-01-24
VA, USA
kudos:1

Unfortunately, it still hasn't been fixed (even with the new carrier update pushed to my phone by Verizon, 13.1).

I've found even while on WiFi, I sometimes use 3G data (or 4G data depending on where I'm at).

I've also had problems where if I turn off LTE (I barely get 1 bar at home), I have no data (while connected to a WiFi network).

Toggling the LTE switch or turning Airplane mode on for a moment and then back off seems to resolve the issue (and I'm back to using the home WiFi network).