how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

clawfury

join:2012-02-14
Rochester, MI
reply to DarkLogix

Re: [PvE] OMG Challenge modes are awesome!

said by DarkLogix:

No don't reforge, in challenge modes you're gear will auto scale down to 460, blizz is still tweaking it but they've said if you're just at the raid hit cap you'll be just at the challenge mode hit cap.

I'd question that, Dark. The blue posts I read said everything will get scaled down except your hit rating. You don't need full raid hit rating for dungeon bosses (lvl 92). So you'd want I think 6% hit rating for melee, and 11%? for casters, not sure on the exact numbers.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX
kudos:3
reply to McBrain

Its that your HIT also gets scaled down

clawfury

Rochester, MI

No. I'll check when I'm not websensed, but the blue posts I read said specifically hit is the one thing that won't get scaled.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
Baytown, TX
reply to clawfury

said by clawfury:

said by DarkLogix:

No don't reforge, in challenge modes you're gear will auto scale down to 460, blizz is still tweaking it but they've said if you're just at the raid hit cap you'll be just at the challenge mode hit cap.

I'd question that, Dark. The blue posts I read said everything will get scaled down except your hit rating. You don't need full raid hit rating for dungeon bosses (lvl 92). So you'd want I think 6% hit rating for melee, and 11%? for casters, not sure on the exact numbers.

I had read that Hit was also getting scaled down., but they were working with it as it was scaling down by to much.

People were QQ'ing that they couldn't hit Challenge mode bosses because the scaling was messed up and it was bugging on reforges, so people were having trouble hitting them.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA
kudos:8
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to djlar

said by djlar:

Unless your are going for Gold, CC must be used on almost every pull, gear here doesn't matter, is pure skill...

yes... our next attempt will be to patiently finish it for the 60valor quest. Then we'll know better where we can skip groups and hurry around obstacles.

clawfury

Rochester, MI

For 60 valor, do you need to finish in bronze time?

McBrain
BRB Face Melting

join:2010-05-06
Kalimdor
kudos:2

I think the quest text says, "Kill X boss on challenge difficulty."

clawfury

Rochester, MI
reply to clawfury

Well, I can see your point about cc, if you are interested in bronze or silver times. I personally don't like learning to do things one way (with cc, and careful pulls) and then have to re-learn the strategy all over with no cc - since gear is not an issue, it's just skill - I'd personally rather just go for the gold strategy straigth up, and learn by failing. That's just my opinion tho

Rhenai

join:2010-09-07
Elkhorn, NE
kudos:1

1 recommendation

reply to Dodge

»www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6ogFYWUlgA

Here's an original version of who
--
“Amor Fati – “Love Your Fate”, which is in fact your life.”

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
Evans, GA
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to clawfury

said by clawfury:

I'd personally rather just go for the gold strategy straigth up, and learn by failing.

The challenge mode is SERIOUSLY tuned up. Seriously... you need to try it. You won't believe the damage these mobs put out. Also, the trash has new abilities. Gotta learn all of the changes. Even a CC heavy fight will be fun.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
Evans, GA
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to McBrain

said by McBrain:

I think the quest text says, "Kill X boss on challenge difficulty."

yes, for the quest (I think its a weekly quest) you get 60 valor for just finishing the challenge mode. Aside from the quests, you get 60VP for finishing gold, 40 for silver, 20 for bronze finishes.

clawfury

Rochester, MI
reply to Immer

I can't wait. Just want to get one more piece or so.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
Baytown, TX
reply to Immer

At some point we need to get guild challenge gold for every dungeon.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
Evans, GA

at some point... we will. =D

Feralmordius

join:2011-01-18
reply to Immer

These are seriously challenging. Do not underestimate them.

From a tank perspective here is how the first trash pull went: Start timer, run in and pull trash, health drops to 2%, scramble cool downs to survive, then 2 minutes later trash finally dies off.

Second attempt. "Wow that was tough. Note to self, pop a few cool downs for initial hit." Run in pop a few cool downs and bam down to 10% health.

The first boss was interesting but it was add management that finally killed us. I had to turn off threat plates because there were to many add that I couldn't see anything other than over lapping name plates.

Stone Guard now feels like child's play.
--
Tiermordius on Nathrezim Server (US)
Main Tank for Pride and Ego

clawfury

Rochester, MI

Sounds like fun. I have no illusions about the difficulty level. From all of the research I've done, it appears that the only way to be competitive is to achieve a very high level of coordination with interrupts and AOE stuns, and combine pulls, and use invisibility pots.

Threatco

join:2011-04-19
Moncton, NB
reply to Immer

Can anyone explain the basic mechanics for this?

How do you activate Challenge mode? IS it possible to activate it in LFD? Always premade? I would love an SS of the UI that shows how it keeps track of your best times and what not.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
Baytown, TX

I haven't attempted one but what I do know is.

if you right click your pic go to dungeon difficulty select challenge mode.

And it must be full pre-made not random puging.

Mike
Premium,Mod
join:2000-09-17
Pittsburgh, PA
reply to Immer

Perhaps you should sheep something

Venom1

join:2011-10-21
Augusta, GA
reply to Threatco

said by Threatco:

Can anyone explain the basic mechanics for this?

How do you activate Challenge mode? IS it possible to activate it in LFD? Always premade? I would love an SS of the UI that shows how it keeps track of your best times and what not.

dark is right, you have to set dungeon difficulty to Challenge Mode, premade is a must, and you must manually enter the instance. There is no queueing up, no insta-port. Maybe use a summon stone outside the instance, or lock summon inside if pvp at the stone isnt your thing.
--
For Rogues, by Rogues, to be used at the Rogue drive through when you order a side-order of Rogue.

Venom1

join:2011-10-21
Augusta, GA
reply to Mike

Who broke the sap on Mike?

/blind

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
Evans, GA
Reviews:
·Comcast

1 edit
reply to Mike

said by Mike:

lol... if we had a mage...

but now we have 2 excellent mages, so our next attempt will be more interesting.

said by Threatco:

I would love an SS of the UI that shows how it keeps track of your best times and what not.

I don't have a screen cap, but if you open up the LFD frame (where you can select Dungeon Finder, Raid Finder, or Scenario) at the bottom you'll see 2 tabs. The tab on the right opens up the Challenge mode frame that shows you what records exits in each dungeon (radio button on the left).

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
Baytown, TX
reply to Mike

said by Mike:

Things should be turtled not sheeped.

Mike
Premium,Mod
Pittsburgh, PA
reply to Immer

No it's not.

It's going to be a ring of frost + ice lance glyph + frozen orb + trinket + time warp + icy veins orgy.

I know how we do

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
Evans, GA
Reviews:
·Comcast

said by Mike:

It's going to be a ring of frost + ice lance glyph + frozen orb + trinket + time warp + icy veins orgy.

and you don't find that interesting? why so sad, neckbeard?

Mike
Premium,Mod
Pittsburgh, PA

I'm a mage, you dolt.

Nick D
Premium
join:2010-02-04
Orange, CA
reply to Immer

Did my first CM yesterday, Scarlet Monastery. I went in my undergeared-ish fury set (like 4 PVP pieces, bad trinkets, no enchants ... but dual 463 weapons!) but boy howdy was it awesome using Shockwave and Disrupting Shout in Fury. Dem Purifiers ain't never castin'.

42:06, good for bronze, 40 VP and another 60 VP for the daily.

Comp was kinda dumb: guardian, resto druid, ele, combat, fury. But those are our best players from the raid, so it made the most sense.

And Solar Beam on ele shamans is complete hax.