join:2004-06-21

1 edit

Anonymous_

Premium Member

Bought used car 03 impala LS

Click for full size
Click for full size
Click for full size
Has 3.8L v6 gets about 25 in the city and 30 on the highway(CITY streets are @ highway speeds 45mph to 65mph)

130k miles paying $3800 (put a deposit on it.) I should have the rest of the money in a few days(paid in full with no lien on it).

I also bought new fog lights for it as well, brighter ones.

I am not going to drive it much maybe under 1k miles per year

The only major issue was the Switch that controls the fan for the a/c not a big deal since it does not cost much to replace (plus that got me 500 off the price he wanted)
Bob4
Account deleted
join:2012-07-22
New Jersey

Bob4

My father had one and I drove a rental or two. Pretty roomy and gets surprisingly good gas mileage.

WK2
Premium Member
join:2006-12-28
united state

WK2

Premium Member

Quality car

Anonymous_
Anonymous
Premium Member

Anonymous_

Premium Member

Got it home today. Ran into a small issue

a hose decided to quit on me. but arrived home ok.
hose from the reservoir to the radiator. the original one it looks like.

took $65 to fill up the gas tank.
Not a big deal since it will last me 4 to 5 months per tank(I don't drive too much)
Kearnstd
Space Elf
Premium Member
join:2002-01-22
Mullica Hill, NJ

Kearnstd to Anonymous_

Premium Member

to Anonymous_
the Impala is a good car, ours lasted 12 years. And technically it was still a good car save for the ABS/Traction controller dying(and to replace the whole system was 3500 bucks, So I basically drove it for two years without ABS or traction control since the mechanic told me the brakes would still function fine, just no ABS. Saved up enough money to make a good downpayment on a 2012 Cruze.)

Anonymous_
Anonymous
Premium Member

1 edit

Anonymous_

Premium Member

said by Kearnstd:

the Impala is a good car, ours lasted 12 years. And technically it was still a good car save for the ABS/Traction controller dying(and to replace the whole system was 3500 bucks, So I basically drove it for two years without ABS or traction control since the mechanic told me the brakes would still function fine, just no ABS. Saved up enough money to make a good downpayment on a 2012 Cruze.)

Replaced it today only cost 4$ for the hose and clamps ran it for 10min in park temps were stable.

going to get some fresh tail lights bulbs as well

Replaced the License plate bulbs $3 left bulb was darwing too much amps and melting the socket (short in the bulb)
Car wash $0 (did it my self)
New fog lights $5 HID's
MICHELIN Stealth Wipers $22 Can not be cheap here since when it rains it pours heavy.

Gemstone
Premium Member
join:2000-12-20
Long Island

Gemstone to Anonymous_

Premium Member

to Anonymous_
I have a 2001 Impala LS with 110,000 miles... Still going strong as my daily commuter car... I have had a few issues but fixed most myself with a little knowledge... Be careful with the auto tranny and upper & lower intake manifold gasket leaks... I suggest you sign yourself up into the North American Impala Owners Association forum... A bunch of W-body guru's who are awesome!!

www.naioa.com
number2
join:2009-01-22
Central Point, OR

number2 to Anonymous_

to Anonymous_
I had a 2000 Grand Prix GT with the 3.8L. I loved having that low end torque in the front wheel drive. It was like a tank in the snow with all that weight up front. It never got stuck unless the snow happened to get higher than the front bumper.

But what I don't miss is constantly replacing window regulators, tie end rods and the random jolting of the transmission with only 45k miles.