spc
uniqs

McBrain
BRB Face Melting
join:2010-05-06
Marietta, GA

McBrain to Immer

to Immer

Re: [PvE] OMG Challenge modes are awesome!

Who was in the group?

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA

1 edit

Immer

Premium Member

Tiermordius / Angrende / Skylara / Sanctisimo / Drlocktopus

so much fun... so much dmg... the carnage was glorious!

Nick D
Premium Member
join:2010-02-04
Orange, CA

Nick D

Premium Member

For those of us with no pride and wounded egos, what classes/specs are those?

(Drlocktipus better be a warlock. I raided with a warrior once named Warlokk and it was VERY confusing)

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
Evans, GA

Immer

Premium Member

said by Nick D:

For those of us with no pride and wounded egos, what classes/specs are those?

lol... gotcha.

Tiermordius - pally tank
Angrende - Disc heals
Skylara - BM hunter
Sanctisimo - Ret pally
Drlocktopus - Destro Lock
Dodge
Premium Member
join:2002-11-27

3 recommendations

Dodge to Nick D

Premium Member

to Nick D
said by Nick D:

... I raided with a warrior once named Warlokk and it was VERY confusing)

Reminded me of this:

»www.youtube.com/watch?v= ··· LO8BwxwE
cymraeg
Thread Killer
Premium Member
join:2011-06-07
Dodge, NE

cymraeg

Premium Member

i love that, my face hurts from laughing

McBrain
BRB Face Melting
Marietta, GA

McBrain to Immer

to Immer
said by Immer:

Drlocktopus - Destro Lock

That name is my intellectual property. He owes me residuals for every compliment he gets from here on out. I'll take 5 gold per comment.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
Evans, GA

Immer

Premium Member

that name is pure win... I don't think any will surpass it in this expac

McBrain
BRB Face Melting
Marietta, GA

McBrain

Yeah man, he was sitting at my dining room table when he was customizing his toon after faction change. I was playing with our sons and looked up and said, "You should name him Dr. Locktopus, that'd be awesome." At that point, he had already chosen Drlockstick, but immediately decided on a paid name change as soon as he got home that night, haha.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
Evans, GA

Immer

Premium Member

...wow...

much better than Drlockstick.
clawfury
join:2012-02-14
Rochester, MI

clawfury

I'm really looking forward to these, as well. I need 2 more upgrades from heroics (helm and pants), I'm hoping to get some guild help this week stacking the deck to run the 2 dungeons I need directly (one is a first boss, one is a third boss).

My ideal comp (based on what we have to play with):

Blood DK (high self heals + insane AOE dps + 6 sec stun lock on a 1 min CD - essential for AOE pulls with no CC + Army of the Dead)
Priest (atonement priest for added dps) or Shaman (tanking totems + damage reduction cd's)
Warlock (good AOE dps + AOE stun on 1 min CD)
Elemental shaman (great DPS + knockback + damage reduction CD's + offheal)
Mage (not sure about spec here, maybe frost?) McBrain can correct me on this.

All of the best groups I've been seeing are using invisibility pots, no CC, and carefully rotating interrupts and AOE stuns to survive double and even triple pulling groups between bosses.

McBrain
BRB Face Melting
Marietta, GA

McBrain

Any Mage spec will be sufficient really. Anyone can access Ring of Frost now, and we all obviously have Polymorph. We can also glyph into Improved Counterspell which allows us to cast it while we are casting another spell.

If there are going to be big AoE pulls, a Fire Mage specced into Frost Bomb will probably give you the best damage.

Maybe someone can answer this for me, are the bosses in challenge modes still lvl 92, like in heroics?

If so, only 12% hit will be required to reach cap, allowing a huge amount to be reforged into another, more beneficial dps stat.
clawfury
Rochester, MI

clawfury

Yes. They say to hit gold you need to reforge hit off and min/max. All of the team videos I've watching pulling gold were pulling the trash 2-3 packs at a time - the healer was NOT healing much, except under heavy damage spikes. He was using holy fire/smite spam. The group was very precise in using their interrupts and AOE stuns to mitigate tank damage.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix to McBrain

Premium Member

to McBrain
No don't reforge, in challenge modes you're gear will auto scale down to 460, blizz is still tweaking it but they've said if you're just at the raid hit cap you'll be just at the challenge mode hit cap.

McBrain
BRB Face Melting
Marietta, GA

McBrain to clawfury

to clawfury
Now that I think about it, Fire would be the best spec because of Dragon's Breath. An AOE disorient would essentially be another stun/interrupt.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix

Premium Member

Just remember it doesn't work on bosses.

McBrain
BRB Face Melting
Marietta, GA

McBrain to DarkLogix

to DarkLogix
This confuses me.

So, they plan on scaling our gear down to 460, but requiring raid boss hit cap?

If gear is scaled to 460, it would make most sense for the challenge bosses to be level 92, thus requiring 12% hit to never miss.

At ilvl 460, unless you are sporting gear that just so happens to be itemized perfectly, there's very little chance you're hitting 15% hit without reforging everything you can to hit, having a couple of hit gems, and reforging some dps stats on gear with hit to expertise.
clawfury
Rochester, MI

clawfury to DarkLogix

to DarkLogix
said by DarkLogix:

No don't reforge, in challenge modes you're gear will auto scale down to 460, blizz is still tweaking it but they've said if you're just at the raid hit cap you'll be just at the challenge mode hit cap.

I'd question that, Dark. The blue posts I read said everything will get scaled down except your hit rating. You don't need full raid hit rating for dungeon bosses (lvl 92). So you'd want I think 6% hit rating for melee, and 11%? for casters, not sure on the exact numbers.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix to McBrain

Premium Member

to McBrain
Its that your HIT also gets scaled down
clawfury
Rochester, MI

clawfury

No. I'll check when I'm not websensed, but the blue posts I read said specifically hit is the one thing that won't get scaled.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix to clawfury

Premium Member

to clawfury
said by clawfury:

said by DarkLogix:

I'd question that, Dark. The blue posts I read said everything will get scaled down except your hit rating. You don't need full raid hit rating for dungeon bosses (lvl 92). So you'd want I think 6% hit rating for melee, and 11%? for casters, not sure on the exact numbers.

I had read that Hit was also getting scaled down., but they were working with it as it was scaling down by to much.

People were QQ'ing that they couldn't hit Challenge mode bosses because the scaling was messed up and it was bugging on reforges, so people were having trouble hitting them.

Rhenai
join:2010-09-07
Pensacola, FL

1 recommendation

Rhenai to Dodge

to Dodge

»www.youtube.com/watch?v= ··· gFYWUlgA

Here's an original version of who