uniqs
share rss forum feed

jjoshua
Premium
join:2001-06-01
Scotch Plains, NJ
kudos:3

Re: Simple way to avoid copyright issues

Downloading is not theft and is not copyright infringement and is not illegal. Publicly sharing copyrighted content can be illegal.

Get your facts straight.
silbaco
Premium
join:2009-08-03
USA

1 edit

No, get your facts straight. Downloading unauthorized copyrighted material is illegal because it is an unauthorized duplication. Courts do and always will rule in favor of the copyright holder if sufficient evidence is available.

ArrayList
netbus developer
Premium
join:2005-03-19
Brighton, MA

sorry, but you are definitely wrong here.
silbaco
Premium
join:2009-08-03
USA

1 recommendation

No, I definitely am not. I don't know where you guys get this false idea that only the uploading party is liable. Both parties are liable. The uploading party is typically the party that is punished but that does not make the downloader innocent.

jjoshua
Premium
join:2001-06-01
Scotch Plains, NJ
kudos:3
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS

said by silbaco:

No, I definitely am not. I don't know where you guys get this false idea that only the uploading party is liable. Both parties are liable. The uploading party is typically the party that is punished but that does not make the downloader innocent.

Did you settle with the RIAA or MPAA for downloading something?

PaulHikeS2

join:2003-03-06
Fitchburg, MA

Are we really becoming so uninformed so we believe that just because you don't get prosecuted for something it is legal?
--
Jay: What the @#$% is the internet???

Corehhi

join:2002-01-28
Bluffton, SC
Reviews:
·Hargray Cable

1 recommendation

said by PaulHikeS2:

Are we really becoming so uninformed so we believe that just because you don't get prosecuted for something it is legal?

You do realize people use to copy off of albums and the radio on to cassette tapes. Cassette tapes went to the supreme court and it was found you could legally tape for your own personal use??? VHS taping went through the same courts and was proved to be legal to record for your own use. All this stuff has come up before.