spc
Search similar:

uniqs

I_H8_Spam
join:2004-03-10
St Catharines, ON

I_H8_Spam

Again the giants lag behind

So the CCI sniffs out IP's from public trackers and maybe some compromised private trackers. Bulks the warning emails to AT&T and others, once your strike tally counts up your walled.

So VPN to an offshore server, and connect to your tracker. Seem's easy enough to counter.
elefante72
join:2010-12-03
East Amherst, NY

elefante72

You have to be careful here. There is nothing preventing the VPN providers from providing logs to said enforcement squads. So if your VPN provider has a US POP, expect them to cave upon subpoena. And a lot of these guys SAY they have no logs, and Swiss based ones are not safe.

With that said this six strikes plan is just going to make people more sophisticated and the game of whack a mole continues. What I don't like is how can you control everyone that has access in your house 100% of the time. I mean my kids are briefed on security, however they are still kids and take the most expedient route...

I use my VPN daily to hide my browsing habits and to secure public wifi. I actually went to a hotel last month that blocked anything except openvpn (you can muck w/ ports). Obviously to sell your browsing habits.... So now I ditched my ipad for a Nexus 7 because I can use openvpn pretty easily without having to get Cydia.

cdru
Go Colts
MVM
join:2003-05-14
Fort Wayne, IN

cdru

MVM

said by elefante72:

You have to be careful here. There is nothing preventing the VPN providers from providing logs to said enforcement squads. So if your VPN provider has a US POP, expect them to cave upon subpoena. And a lot of these guys SAY they have no logs, and Swiss based ones are not safe.

So at best you are protected, and at worst you are no different then not having it to begin with.