uniqs
glussier
join:2002-11-12
Montreal, QC

1 edit

glussier to pulp46

to pulp46

Re: Bell Usage Meter counting LAN data?

What does it do that I am in Quebec and you are in Ontario? Bell doesn't compile the bandwidth usage from software installed in the modem or your computers. When you transfer data from 1 computer to another computer, there is no hop outside your inhouse network.

I'm sorry, but, I don't believe what pat2k8 is reporting.

pulp46
Premium Member
join:2003-01-28
canada

pulp46

Premium Member

Reports are coming in from Toronto. ISP's sometimes target certain areas for specific things... that is all.
glussier
join:2002-11-12
Montreal, QC

glussier

I don't care if it's coming from Toronto, the moon or wathever. If bell was was monitoring/filtering your personal network data, you could bring them to court.

Also, if Bell was really counting your network data, it would be everyday, not just 1 random day.

ridiculous
@bellmobilite.ca

ridiculous to pulp46

Anon

to pulp46
So let me see if i understand correctly...

Your friend (who you claim is not too handy with this stuff) is most likely right in that Bell is counting LAN traffic, something that every user on this forum has done at one time or another and would CLEARLY have noticed by now.

Furthermore, a fellow poster who just so happens to be in another province claims that his 1.2TB of data transfer did not count, but because he's in QC you cannot rely on it.

I hate to break it to you, but Bell is not counting your friend's LAN traffic. If he did, there would have been an epidemic on this site a few times over.