Tell me more x
, there is a new speed test available. Give it a try, leave feedback!
dslreports logo

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc

spacer

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Kilroy
Premium,MVM
join:2002-11-21
Saint Paul, MN

[MoP] My first 90

My shaman was first to 90, only because she was one of my miners. Now only 21 more to go.

Flying again is great. What used to take two hours to gather ore is now down to 15 minutes.

Looks like I can't do random dungeons any more until I get up to heroic level gear, is that correct?
--
Want the shirt? - »www.despair.com/thedestr ··· tor.html
Not afiliated or making any profit from sales

cymraeg
Thread Killer
Premium
join:2011-06-07
Dodge, NE
run scenarios, i got a nice helm and sword from the arena scenario

McBrain
BRB Face Melting

join:2010-05-06
Marietta, GA
kudos:2
reply to Kilroy
I think heroic ilvl has been reduced to 440. In addition to scenarios, you can quest in Dread Wastes and you should get gear from quests that will qualify you to queue for heroics.

cymraeg
Thread Killer
Premium
Dodge, NE
i got to 339 from DW, i had to do that scenario i got the helm in to get into heroics which put me at 441.

Nick D
Premium
join:2010-02-04
Orange, CA
reply to Kilroy
440 ilvl. If you mined all the way up, it will be rough. Dread Wastes is the highest ilvl gear; I think its 437 baseline and you get the occasional 442 piece throughout.

The Arena of Annihilation scenario is the new Ring of Blood; gets you a 450 weapon for about 10-15 minutes of time. It's nice.

Also look for the Ghost Iron Dragonling from Engineering (it's on the engineer leveling path if you just want to level up that toon. You can get it without ever touching a new quest).

Also PVP gear. It's probably pretty cheap on the AH, its 450, and that 450 ilvl is all from PVE stats, so it reflects its actual potential in PVE group content.

cymraeg
Thread Killer
Premium
Dodge, NE
the ghost iron trink you dont eng to use it or socket the gears my warrior has one he is a scribe flower killer

clawfury

join:2012-02-14
Rochester, MI
Heroics are now 435 ilvl, FYI.

Ramikor

@comcastbusiness.net
The shortcut is to buy or make the 450 crafteds. Yes, it's PvP gear, but the PvE stats are more than sufficient for heroics.

Skittles
Premium
join:2011-03-31
^ this.

Kilroy
Premium,MVM
Saint Paul, MN
reply to Kilroy
Got the ghost iron dragon trinket, mainly because I was leveling my Paladin first. I've got max skill, over a few toons, for Jewel Crafting, Herbs, Mining, Alchemy. I have picked up some dungeon blues, but questing greens have better stats.

Will probably just use this toon to fuel may others toons for ore, while I work on their levels. I want to get my Paladin and Mage up to level, then the Druid for herbs. I still haven't got a skinner going yet.
--

cymraeg
Thread Killer
Premium
Dodge, NE
heard ya there, my lw/skinner is my hunter and i still have no desire to play him, i may just buy leather to get him to the armour kits and be done with it
--
Hen Wlad Fy Nhadau!
"What happened in here?" " Seems to have been a bit of a squabble." "They're all dead!" " More of a tif then."

jofos

join:2008-02-14
Irvington, AL
reply to Kilroy
Grats on 90. I just started a monk lastnight got a long way to go. But on that note whats the fastest way to level these days? Dungeons? Quest? Both? New server so no heirloom stuff.

Kilroy
Premium,MVM
Saint Paul, MN
said by jofos:

But on that note whats the fastest way to level these days? Dungeons? Quest? Both?

Since my monk if fully heirloom geared I can't relate to your situation.

I think that dungeons are the quickest. I get two levels per dungeon normally. Quest between dungeons and level gathering skills. I'm amazed at how fast I level. When you get to level 20 as a monk there is a daily that you can do that gives you a 50% XP increase. I do that, do my dungeon, do a little gathering leveling and then put my monk away until the next week.
--