spc
uniqs
scott7876
join:2002-11-24
Cave Creek, AZ

scott7876 to RayGeode

to RayGeode

Re: Toilet Not Filling All The Way

Yes, if I hold the lever for a few seconds the water level in the bowl is fine. I did see at Lowes they had a flapper with a foam float on the chain that delays the flapper from closing a bit.
RayGeode
join:2004-07-21
Norwalk, CT

RayGeode

Ok, just as long as it doesn't get tangled in the chain, chain is not too short, too long, etc. The Kohler brand exact replacement fixed me up. Wouldn't hurt to replace the flapper though too i suppose. Maybe i did that too, don't remember.

sempergoofy
Premium Member
join:2001-07-06
Smyrna, GA

sempergoofy to scott7876

Premium Member

to scott7876
said by scott7876:

I did see at Lowes they had a flapper with a foam float on the chain that delays the flapper from closing a bit.

I think that foam float is only to keep the chain from possibly being stuck between the flapper and seal. I don't think it has anything to do with delaying the closure. At least that is the case for the ones I have seen, but does not mean you have not found something I have not seen.
scott7876
Cave Creek, AZ

scott7876

Could be, on the package it had some directions with a diagram that showed if you slid the foam float up the chain it would allow more water (or vice versa) Didn't get it because it was a dollar more, but I might give it a shot, although I don't think that's my problem.

SparkChaser
Premium Member
join:2000-06-06
Downingtown, PA

SparkChaser

Premium Member

said by scott7876:

Could be, on the package it had some directions with a diagram that showed if you slid the foam float up the chain it would allow more water (or vice versa) Didn't get it because it was a dollar more, but I might give it a shot, although I don't think that's my problem.

I think replace the valve if that doesn't fix it, look elsewhere. The shotgun method may fix the problem but you're never sure what the problem was.
Bob4
Account deleted
join:2012-07-22
New Jersey

Bob4 to scott7876

to scott7876
Your fill valve is leaking badly. It may even self-destruct and start spraying water everywhere. Replace it. »www.fluidmaster.com/our- ··· lve.html

Sheesh.
scott7876
Cave Creek, AZ

scott7876

Thanks.

EliteData
EliteData
Premium Member
join:2003-07-06
Philippines

EliteData to Bob4

Premium Member

to Bob4
said by Bob4:

Your fill valve is leaking badly. It may even self-destruct and start spraying water everywhere. Replace it. »www.fluidmaster.com/our- ··· lve.html

Sheesh.

thats the best when that happens.
you go to flush it, the assembly breaks, then it looks like a waterfall from the sides of the tank pouring out everywhere
RayGeode
join:2004-07-21
Norwalk, CT

RayGeode to scott7876

to scott7876
Aftermarket lever Arm. Designed to fit any number of toilets, and none of them right. The flapper falls too fast. It's proven by the fact that when you hold the lever for 2 seconds, it continues to fill and works properly. It took me a long time before i became convinced. Direct replacement from toilet manufacturer. :THUMBUP: