spc
Search similar:

uniqs
Hamilton1
join:2007-10-28
Hamilton, ON

Hamilton1

10 HD Channels Show This Channel Will Be Available Shortly

This problem may just be mine but I'm curious if others are also having this issue. Today around noon I lost 10 of my HD Channels which I will list and they all show up as "This Channel Will Be Available Shortly" but the channel doesn't show up.

The channels are
701 - CTVHD
702 - CBCHD
704 - CityHD
725 - FAMHD
760 - HGTVHD
763 - WHD
822 - CP24HD (was working for the last 5 days)
829 - SpaceHD (same as above)
830 - Bravo HD (same as above)

I called Cogeco and they told me that It wasn't on there end and that they would need to send a tech out but that won't happen till Thursday of this week. They did reset both of my boxes and they both have the same problem with the same channels.

My Question is are others having this issue with a block of channels showing up with the "This Channel Will Be Available Shortly" message?

squircle
join:2009-06-23
OTWAON10

squircle

I know we were having issues last Sunday with the Golf Network, NBC and ABC, but we're having FibeTV installed at the end of the week so it isn't really an issue. Rebooting the box didn't help; the issue manifested itself on all three receivers we own (one Pace and two Motorola).
Hamilton1
join:2007-10-28
Hamilton, ON

Hamilton1

Well all the channels came back after 8:00pm last night, so I'm pretty confident in saying that the problem was on their end which is what I had thought originally.

I wish Cogeco would stop putting problems like this back on to the customer and saying "IT'S ON YOUR END" and maybe instead contacting a head tech guy at the time of the problem to actually see if they are aware of something that's going on or maybe have an idea why the problem is there to begin with.... But NOPE it's always the customers fault when something screwy goes on and it's always at their end.