spc
Search similar:

uniqs
nitin12826
join:2012-10-15
Dollard-Des-Ormeaux, QC

nitin12826

Youmano cable internet shutting down in Quebec

I received a mail from youmano which notifies me that my cable internet connection is going to be suspended from current month.
I got my connection recently activated by paying $163.21 from Sept onwards. This includes activation fee + modem fee + shipping fee + 1st month charges(+ taxes).

Now as youmano decided to cancel the cable connections, apparently this means that I paid $163.21 for 1 month use of internet which is really bad for me.
Moreover, now when I switch to another cable operator(as I have cable modem), I have to pay atleast $50-60 + taxes again for activation.
Please tell me how this is justifiable?

vitesse
join:2002-12-17
Saint-Philippe, QC

vitesse

Maybe you should post in Canadian Forum where you may get answer from other Youmano user or a wider range of user from Canada.

Have you talked with them? Do you have requested a refund? do they explained why they where stopping offering cable in Quebec? This is cheaper than offering DSL on every aspect.

Has I can see they still offer cable access. So the problem seem with your account and not with the fact that they stop selling cable.
nitin12826
Dollard-Des-Ormeaux, QC

nitin12826

Thanks....I'll post it in Canadian forum...
I talked to them and they refused to provide the reversal of fee. I just checked and they still offer cable services. Lemme check with them why they sent me this mail.

They told if I want to stay with cable please go to Electronicbox/tecksavvy and tell them you technical details and they will not take activation charges. I tried calling Electronicbox but no success.

vitesse
join:2002-12-17
Saint-Philippe, QC

vitesse

Why would Teksavvy or ElectronicBox or anyone else give you free instalation if Youmano charge for this? This make no sens. How can they suggest competitor could offer it for free but not them? They are all there to make money. and it cost something for an install, courtesy of Videotron / Quebecor

hm
@videotron.ca

hm to nitin12826

Anon

to nitin12826
Call them and demand a credit. If this is on your credit card file a claim with the credit card company for services not rendered. They will likely ask that you fax the Email you got.

And/or File a complaint with the CCTS, which is free for you.

Better move fast before they close their doors and you lose your money.
Dunlop
join:2011-07-13

Dunlop to nitin12826

to nitin12826
already posted..

eboxnat1
join:2011-05-06
Montreal, QC

eboxnat1 to nitin12826

to nitin12826
Xpost from cbb...

Just wanted to set something straight, Youmano cable clients cannot transfer for free (to any other isp). Its being going around that Youmano agents are directing clients to us for such a promotion but that is not the case.
nitin12826
Dollard-Des-Ormeaux, QC

nitin12826

Hi eboxnat,

I wanted to know if I have all the connections details like VL number, MAC address, etc & my connection is already active with Videotron, why Electronicbox is charging the whole/complete activation fee instead they can transfer me to their network?

PatPatate
join:2008-02-10
Sainte-Julie, QC

PatPatate

It's not ElectronicBox who transfers you to their network. All they do is send a request to Videotron, and then Videotron do the required work for a fee that you have to pay.
nitin12826
Dollard-Des-Ormeaux, QC

nitin12826

As I have told, during activation Videotron decides the VL number & MAC address etc for setting up connection. I understand if the new provider charges some amount of activation fee insteand of full. I heard there is a provision in Videotron for transfer of connection from one provider to another.

@eboxnat - Let me know if this is possible with electronic box as I want to move with electronicbox?

SHY
0x27
Premium Member
join:2010-06-21

SHY to nitin12826

Premium Member

to nitin12826
You're dreaming. You will not keep the same VL number that you had with your previous supplier. You will get a new one. Videotron will transfer clients all day, but they will still charge a fee to the supplier that is picking up the new customer. Always.

eboxnat1
Montreal, QC

eboxnat1 to nitin12826

to nitin12826
Whether we request a new install or a transfer from another provider (regardless of what type of isp they are) we are provided a new VL code and are charged for the activation/installation.

Sorry that you may of been misled
nitin12826
Dollard-Des-Ormeaux, QC

nitin12826

Ok. Thanks Eboxnat.
Can any one of you guide me on what could be done here in my situation now?

eboxnat1
Montreal, QC

eboxnat1 to nitin12826

to nitin12826
Ask your provider for some sort of refund?
Not sure what other options you have, best of luck!
zadigre
Premium Member
join:2006-10-02
Montreal, QC

zadigre to nitin12826

Premium Member

to nitin12826
Contact OPC to know what you can do in this case...
»www.opc.gouv.qc.ca/
nitin12826
Dollard-Des-Ormeaux, QC

nitin12826

I already raised the concern with them. They replied to day to send a formal notice to them for refund. Sending it today.