spc
uniqs

Jetcanada
@rogers.com

Jetcanada to Bogomil

Anon

to Bogomil

Re: [Extreme Plus] Hitron Technologies CGN2-ROG

The should have put a big bold "S" in front of HITRON. I purchased this supposed top of the line model on Friday to replace my D2 modem + Netgear R6300 and now none of my wireless devices can hold a connection longer than a minute or two. The wireless performance is horrible. I have been trying to figure out how to put this device in bridge mode, but the instructions that came with it on the USB drive are for the CISCO gateway... can you believe that? Someone at Rogers really screwed up and sourced this piece of crap from who knows where. Anybody hear about HITRON before? Anways, my devices are SOL until I can figure this out.

mozerd
Light Will Pierce The Darkness
MVM
join:2004-04-23
Nepean, ON

mozerd

MVM

said by Jetcanada :

I purchased this supposed top of the line model on Friday to replace my D2 modem + Netgear R6300 and now none of my wireless devices can hold a connection longer than a minute or two. The wireless performance is horrible.

call Rogers technical support and request that they put the HITRON in bridge mode for you -- they will do that if you so request. The Netgear R6300 in combination with the Hitron in bridge mode will serve you well.

elitefx
join:2011-02-14
London, ON

1 recommendation

elitefx to Jetcanada

to Jetcanada
said by Jetcanada :

I purchased this supposed top of the line model on Friday to replace my D2 modem + Netgear R6300 and now none of my wireless devices can hold a connection longer than a minute or two. The wireless performance is horrible.

There comes a time when common sense has to prevail. Flop after flop after flop with these Rogers issued $149 to $199 D3 Gateways is sending the wrong message to customers.

Solution: The tried and true standalone modem. Rogers has to get back to what works and what works well.

To suggest that we pay $149 plus 13% tax minimum and then disable half the unit is ludricrous at best. A top of the line D3 standalone can be had for $89 to $105 and can usually be found on sale locally.

It's time for the Rogers daydreamers and naysayers to come to terms with the fact that D3 Gateways just flat out don't meet consumer requirements in 2012.

Now is the time for Rogers to man up and admit the Docsis 3 Gateway critics have been right all along.......
Hooter
join:2009-08-17
Scarborough, ON

Hooter

For the first time since these POS gateways have been introduced, I actually saw a Rogers rep make a post on Facebook in response to the SMC modem not connecting properly, that a more powerful router might be needed. It is the first time I have ever seen what comes close to admission of guilt from Rogers on this issue!