uniqs

StumpMan
Premium Member
join:2001-07-26
Clinton, NC

StumpMan

Premium Member

New thing I hate? Questing on Cross Realm

Now, before I get too far off on a rant, it's not the questing per se, but the people you meet. Several times this weekend while leveling my pandaren in lower areas, I would come across people on different servers obviously on the same quest as me. I offer for us to join up, and get a myriad of responses, some of which aren't fit for public forum.
Now to the quest. Because we are all on it and no one seems interested in helping each other, it becomes every man for himself. And some of the quests are now a waiting game. Waiting on the boss to respawn only to see someone new run in, kill it LOL and leave. And you wait again.
Was the whole point of the cross-realm to encourage people to interact more? I'm not seeing it. I've extended a friendly hand several times only to see it slapped away.
cymraeg
Thread Killer
Premium Member
join:2011-06-07
Dodge, NE

cymraeg

Premium Member

im sorry and i feel your pain we have a bunch of threads about this subject, both here and the official forums, i saw that the blu epost about crz is now locked at 699 pages, so ya it is a big problem for a tonne of people.

quatra
Premium Member
join:2003-06-22
Matthews, NC

quatra to StumpMan

Premium Member

to StumpMan
So far I don't think i've encountered a quest "boss" or single guy you have to kill that can't be done by multiple people at the same time without being grouped up. Everybody gets credit for it. I do agree though the only real benefit I've seen from CRZ is the ability to do quests with your friends on other servers.

StumpMan
Premium Member
Clinton, NC

StumpMan

Premium Member

One thing off topic. I play Alliance, and I have gotten more help from horde toons than alliance.

Say I am pulling a mob and the mob gets to be too much. A random Alliance toon would run by and not stop. But I have seen many a horde toon stop, help burn the mobs down, bow and leave.

Seriously considering an exodus to the Horde from what I have seen.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix to quatra

Premium Member

to quatra
I've seen one.
it was a quest boss for a cloud serp daily, I helped several people kill it but then asked a melee that was there to help and we partied up and I finally got credit for the quest.
DarkLogix

DarkLogix to StumpMan

Premium Member

to StumpMan
A few times I'll run past people while doing the GL dailies and I'll frost nova near them.

if its an elite I'll stop and help dps the mob.

Venom14
join:2011-10-21
Augusta, GA

Venom14 to cymraeg

to cymraeg
said by cymraeg:

tonne

metric or 'merican?

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix

Premium Member

Long or short?
cymraeg
Thread Killer
Premium Member
Dodge, NE

cymraeg to Venom14

Premium Member

to Venom14
2200 lbs

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix

Premium Member

is that lbs on earth or on mars?
cymraeg
Thread Killer
Premium Member
Dodge, NE

cymraeg

Premium Member

that would change the mass of the object a lb is a lb

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA

Immer

Premium Member

said by cymraeg:

you sure?
cymraeg
Thread Killer
Premium Member
Dodge, NE

cymraeg

Premium Member

yes, the gravity of this planet is a constant as well the gravity of mars, now with a certainty i can say said mass of this material is this many lbs on earth, not knowing what the gravity is on mars i can with a certainty that i will have to change the mass of that material to get it to equal the same weight as here, the thing that would not change the mass would be if gravity were the same and constant on both planets.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix to cymraeg

Premium Member

to cymraeg
said by cymraeg:

Actually the Mass would remain the same the weight would change.

since weight is mass times G.
IE

W=mg

so if it weighed 2200lbs on mars then it'd have much more mass than if it weighted 2200lbs on earth.
cymraeg
Thread Killer
Premium Member
Dodge, NE

cymraeg

Premium Member

umm you just said the weight would change then also said it would have much more mass, which is what i said

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix to cymraeg

Premium Member

to cymraeg
said by cymraeg:

yes, the gravity of this planet is a constant as well the gravity of mars, now with a certainty i can say said mass of this material is this many lbs on earth, not knowing what the gravity is on mars i can with a certainty that i will have to change the mass of that material to get it to equal the same weight as here, the thing that would not change the mass would be if gravity were the same and constant on both planets.

Wrong LBS is weight not Mass

a given object wouldn't change in mass if moved from Earth to Mars but the g (acceleration due to gravity) would be different, even not knowing the exact g of Mars one would know its lower than the g of Earth.

So with W=mg if the mass of the object is the same but the g is lower then the weight will be lower.

So to achev 2200lbs on Mars would require a larger mass than it would on Earth.

And as lbs is a measure of WEIGHT not MASS.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
Evans, GA

Immer to cymraeg

Premium Member

to cymraeg
said by DarkLogix:

said by cymraeg:

IE

W=mg

so if it weighed 2200lbs on mars then it'd have much more mass than if it weighted 2200lbs on earth.

^this is what the rest of us saw
said by DarkLogix:

said by cymraeg:

IE

W=mg

so if it weighed 2200lbs on mars
then it'd have much more mass than if it weighted 2200lbs on earth.

^apparently, this is what cymraeg saw, lol /wink

StumpMan
Premium Member
Clinton, NC

StumpMan to cymraeg

Premium Member

to cymraeg
That response was heavy, Cymraeg

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix to cymraeg

Premium Member

to cymraeg
said by cymraeg:

umm you just said the weight would change then also said it would have much more mass, which is what i said

If you wanted to compare a 2200lbs object on earth to a 2200lbs object on Mars the Mars one would have more mass.

but if its the same object thus the constant is m not w then it would have a lower w than on earth.
cymraeg
Thread Killer
Premium Member
Dodge, NE

cymraeg to DarkLogix

Premium Member

to DarkLogix
that isnt what was posed, the ? posed was it 2200 lbs on earth or mars? with weight being a constant in the equation, then the variable of gravity and mass are in flux so we know what the gravity of mars is( im pretty sure) so the only thing that we can conclude is the mass much change in order to meet the 2200lbs of weight.

why are you caps ing weight and mass, i know the difference in the 2, i love it when people think that fat and muscle have different weights, takes me forever to explain the difference between mass and weight.
Jodokast
join:2012-05-10

Jodokast to Immer

to Immer
I hate, hate, HATE x-realm zones!

I have truely considered quitting and cancelling the game over it, I have even called Blizzard with my complaint and they told me this is how its going to be.

I have been griefed-trying to do pet battles, they attack me, by peeps from other servers, never someone from my own server, harrassed by trying to quest with my low level alts and 90's zipping around pretagging quest mobs or just plain ganking me

This has really tested my willingness to keep paying for something I hate, sometimes I wonder why am I paying Blizzard for a game that has taken out the fun of playing low levels or trying to do anything in a x-realm zone thats pvp

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
Evans, GA

Immer to cymraeg

Premium Member

to cymraeg
ah... the question of where the lbs were being measured was posed to calculate the mass.

-a tonne of people QQ
-metric or 'merican?
-2200 lbs
-measured on earth or on mars?

the answer to the last question validates just how many people are involved in the QQ.

Because you "know" the mass, it is unchanging for you... but he's trying to guess the mass by knowing the reference point for the weight measurement.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix

Premium Member

Also in Physics remember W=weight w=work

and w=mad (mass * acceleration * distance) but it can be broken into (mvd)/t or into (mdd)/tt simplified (md^2)/t^2 but mad is cooler, also an even simpler way is Fd

so Physics says work is mad.
cymraeg
Thread Killer
Premium Member
Dodge, NE

cymraeg to Immer

Premium Member

to Immer
i was speaking in terms of weight not mass, 2200 lbs is a metric tonne or 1k kilos, perhaps thats where the confusion lies

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix to cymraeg

Premium Member

to cymraeg
said by cymraeg:

why are you caps ing weight and mass, i know the difference in the 2, i love it when people think that fat and muscle have different weights, takes me forever to explain the difference between mass and weight.

Now you're getting into density.

Muscle has greater density than fat, thus is more mass per cubic measurement than fat.

But if you're in zero g then your weight is zero but your mass isn't 9Just have some trouble measuring it because most measurements actually measure weight and then convert back to mass.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
Evans, GA

Immer to cymraeg

Premium Member

to cymraeg
said by cymraeg:

i was speaking in terms of weight not mass, 2200 lbs is a metric tonne or 1k kilos, perhaps thats where the confusion lies

ah, there ya go. Kg measurement would have killed it. but then, we'd have missed out on all of this geekdom!

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix to cymraeg

Premium Member

to cymraeg
said by cymraeg:

ah kg a measurement of mass as opposed to newtons a measurement of weight.

where as lbs is a measurement of weight not mass. so 1k kilo is only equal to 2200lbs on earth.
cymraeg
Thread Killer
Premium Member
Dodge, NE

cymraeg to DarkLogix

Premium Member

to DarkLogix
its both, the density of muscle determines its mass at a specified weight same with fat.

muscle say has a density of .8 and fat .4 , so from this we can say 1 lb of both may have 3 grams of muscle and 15 grams of fat

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix

Premium Member

There you go again mixing mass and weight.

Weight depends on g, mass doesn't.
cymraeg
Thread Killer
Premium Member
Dodge, NE

cymraeg

Premium Member

but the density of the 2 things determines its mass at a specified weight