Premium
join:2002-11-16
Putnam, CT
Reviews:
·Metrocast Commun..
reply to Threatco

Re: New thing I hate? Questing on Cross Realm

said by Threatco:

I would like to see a UI toggle to join group. And it will find the nearest by people with the closest quest progression, and toss them into a group with each other. Then say every 20 or 30 mins it will warn people then it will remake the groups to better fit quest progession and location. If someone drops group, then instant refill. And have a very easy vote to kick. Being kicked from these groups is no big deal, if someone afk's because of what ever, they get vote to kicked and everyone goes on about their business.

Just a thought.

If you're going to go that route they might as well set it up the way Rift was. You could join a public group by clicking on somebody and clicking on join group. You could get credit for a kill by joining the group of somebody that was currently killing the mob and then just leaving the group afterwards.

Caelharrad

join:2012-04-13
Fenton, MO
reply to jofos

said by jofos:

So to move an object that weighs a tonne would you use and african swallow or a european swallow

Okay then, Mr. Smart Guy. What is the capital of Wisteria? HMMM???

koolman2
Premium
join:2002-10-01
Anchorage, AK
reply to DarkLogix

said by DarkLogix:

Wrong LBS is weight not Mass

a given object wouldn't change in mass if moved from Earth to Mars but the g (acceleration due to gravity) would be different, even not knowing the exact g of Mars one would know its lower than the g of Earth.

So with W=mg if the mass of the object is the same but the g is lower then the weight will be lower.

So to achev 2200lbs on Mars would require a larger mass than it would on Earth.

And as lbs is a measure of WEIGHT not MASS.

No. Pounds are mass. Pound-force is weight.

kg are like lb
N are like lbf

Another reason I hate our stupid system.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX
kudos:3

Go metric, its easier.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA
kudos:8

didn't work for the NFL

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
Baytown, TX

NFL can KMA.

Lothario

join:2009-09-30
Ottawa, ON
reply to Immer

Canadian football league is still yards so as not to confuse the import Americans.

koolman2
Premium
Anchorage, AK
reply to DarkLogix

I already have. I'm waiting on the rest of the country.

Caelharrad

join:2012-04-13
Fenton, MO
reply to koolman2

said by koolman2:

No. Pounds are mass. Pound-force is weight.

kg are like lb
N are like lbf

Another reason I hate our stupid system.

To be fair, the term "pound" is used in a very confusing fashion, sometimes as a unit of mass, and sometimes as a unit of force/weight.
»en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pound_(mass)
»en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pound_(force)

The usual unit of mass associated with the English system (at least that I am familiar with), is the slug:
»en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slug_(unit)

As a scientist (biochemist) living in America, I would be ecstatic if all countries went full metric. I am much more familiar with metric volume measurements, for instance. Metric distances aren't a big problem for me either. (Weather reports given in C instead of F would take some getting used to, though.) Plus, no more having to remember "8 ounces per cup, 2 cups per pint, 2 pints per quart, 4 quarts per gallon" garbage. Just move the fricking decimal place and you're done. Don't even get me started on tablespoons versus teaspoons. However, I doubt that the US will ever switch to metric. Too many people with not enough brainpower to convert the "2 cups of flour" in their biscuit recipe to a metric unit. Multiplication is HARD.

koolman2
Premium
Anchorage, AK

Same thing with ounces versus fluid ounces. I've had to correct a few people when they've pulled out a measuring cup to get 12 ounces of chocolate chips, for example.

Granted, it is used in a confusing way, but I was more concerned with the assertion that pounds are weight and only weight.

I converted myself back in my high school years ('05 was my last year) and haven't looked back. I drive a Civic with an all digital dash. It stays in metric.

I'd be okay with getting 480 mL of flour out.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
Baytown, TX

What if I want chocolate chips by volume not by mass?

koolman2
Premium
Anchorage, AK

That's cool, but the recipe called for them by ounces. Typically, it'd say 1 1/2 Cup for a volume measure of 12 fl oz.