footballdude
Premium
join:2002-08-13
Imperial, MO
reply to Jobbie

Re: [LoL] Need a mentor

said by Jobbie:

Annie bot cheats

All of the bots cheat. They use their abilities with no cooldowns and teleport all over the map. But they play entirely defensive and always lose unless you completely fall apart and let them cruise down mid.
--
Concentrated power has always been the enemy of liberty - Ronald Reagan

Savious
Premium
join:2012-03-05
Belgrade, MT
kudos:4
reply to Savious
Got a game in vs bots last night. Seems that at my current level, 1, that's the only queue that would fire, the 5v5 match me draft pick sat there for 5+ minutes before I gave up.

Some kid spent the entire game pinging the map. Whyyyyy!!

I got 16 champions now, played with the Rogue Mage guy, uhhh, don't remember his name. Are the free champions worse than the purchased ones?

Im going to keep playing the rogue mage guy. Any tips?
--
Jobbie told me to keep my signature the same. This is me rebelling.

Goggalor
Psychonaut
Premium
join:2009-06-09
Your Mind!
kudos:2
said by Savious:

Got a game in vs bots last night. Seems that at my current level, 1, that's the only queue that would fire, the 5v5 match me draft pick sat there for 5+ minutes before I gave up.

Some kid spent the entire game pinging the map. Whyyyyy!!

I got 16 champions now, played with the Rogue Mage guy, uhhh, don't remember his name. Are the free champions worse than the purchased ones?

Im going to keep playing the rogue mage guy. Any tips?

Ryze? He is all about pew-pewing with his 'Q' ball of death. His passive allows him to build tanky items that give mana, whilst still allowing him to waylay on someone with his spells.

Priority Order for Spells: R > Q > E > W

What that means is that when you level up, if you can put a point in R, do so. If not, move on to the next skill, repeat on down until your champ is level 18 and no longer levels up.

As for the free champions versus purchases ones, Riot rotates weekly what champions are free. This facilitates people trying new champions, in order to decide if they would like to buy the champs or not. Ryze is a great middle lane champion, as the current favorite team composition is to have a tanky/bruiser Attack Damage (AD) champion in the top lane, an Ability Power (AP) champion in the middle lane, a ranged AD (also known an AD carry or ADC) champion duo-ing with a support champion (generally has some sort of healing and/or crowd control abilities), and a jungler (generally more tanky/bruiser champs that are either AD or AP).
--
From Psychonauts -
Lungfish Civilian: (describing Goggalor) He's impervious to bullets! ... and love!
--

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit
kudos:12
reply to Savious
You need not buy champs right now. Just familiarize yourself with the 10 free ones in the weekly rotation.

Also do _NOT_ (REPEAT: DO NOT) waste Influence Points (IP) on Runes until you are level >20--the reason being there are three tiers of runes and you can't unlock the third tier until after level 20. Tier 1 and 2 are useless at level 30, so don't buy them.
--
If we lose this freedom of ours, history will record with the greatest astonishment, those who had the most to lose, did the least to prevent its happening.

Savious
Premium
Belgrade, MT
reply to Savious
Ok. Yea it is Ryze. Is there any benefit to continually playing the same champion aside from familiarization?
--

f0rtys3ven

join:2011-09-01
Lansing, MI
There is benefit yes, but you are about to through a phase of LoL that won't make much sense after. Knowing what alot of champs do helps alot with dealing with them on a single champ later. You won't have a jungler most games and you may have to play a side lane some games. There won't be much coordination and dragon and baron will cease to exist. This phase is all about learning char control and familiarizing your self with game particulars.

Playing lots of champs makes sense but playing one means you have already experienced a very large number of scenarios with many different champ while playing that single one so you will be able to handle that champ well but if someone else picks that champ or they want you to play a different role you become very one sided.
--
Leaning out a window with a cocked shotgun. Driving up the block in the car they shot Pac in. Looking for Big's killers. Dressing ridiculous. Blue and red like I don't know what the big deal is.

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit
kudos:12
reply to Savious
It could take dozens or over a hundred games at level 30 to master a champion.

Playing all them at least lets you know what spells they are capable of so you know whether or not engaging a champ could lead to your death (how hard their spells/ultimates hit, if they have any hard stuns or slows, etc.).
--
If we lose this freedom of ours, history will record with the greatest astonishment, those who had the most to lose, did the least to prevent its happening.

Savious
Premium
Belgrade, MT
Dat meta game!

f0rtys3ven

Lansing, MI
whats your name ?

Savious
Premium
Belgrade, MT
I joined the bbr Chan last night and no one would talk to me! Its R1OT Savious
--

f0rtys3ven

Lansing, MI
Yea we are skeptical of newbies

TigerLord
UEE Citizen
Premium,Mod
join:2002-06-09
Canada
kudos:8
reply to Jobbie
said by Jobbie:

Annie bot cheats

I hated that bitch when I started playing. Annie bot just pwns everyone, then you start using her, and you ain't even nearly as good.

Archivis
Your Daddy
Premium
join:2001-11-26
Earth
kudos:19
reply to Savious
I put this together. Myself and others contributed to it. It may be slightly outdated but for where you're at, 99% of it is probably all still very good.

»League of Legends
--
A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have. -MLK

Savious
Premium
Belgrade, MT
said by Archivis:

I put this together. Myself and others contributed to it. It may be slightly outdated but for where you're at, 99% of it is probably all still very good.

»League of Legends

Sweet
--

footballdude
Premium
join:2002-08-13
Imperial, MO
reply to Savious
said by Savious:

I joined the bbr Chan last night and no one would talk to me! Its R1OT Savious

You can't see the chat room when you're in game, so most of the people you see in the room are otherwise engaged. I supposed it's possible they COULD be ignoring you, though.
--
Concentrated power has always been the enemy of liberty - Ronald Reagan

Savious
Premium
Belgrade, MT
You're giving me a complex.