how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

FF4m3

@rr.com

Linus Torvalds Answers Questions

From Slashdot - October 11, 2012:

Monday you had a chance to ask Linus Torvalds any question you wanted. We sent him a dozen of the highest rated and below you'll see what he has to say about computers, programming, books, and copyrights. He also talks about what he would have done differently with Linux if he had to do it all over again. Hint: it rhymes with nothing.

dave
Premium,MVM
join:2000-05-04
not in ohio
kudos:8
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS

quote:
If our cat deigns to jump into my lap while I'm working, the loudest noise in the room should be the purring of the cat, not the computer.
OK, so maybe Mr. Torvalds is ok after all Though I would care to know how he gets the cat to stay on his lap and not attempting to sprawl over the keyboard.

(Actually, I do respect Linus. He's a lot more reasoned than many of his acolytes, and I can't blame him for them).

stormbow
Freedom isn't FREE
Premium
join:2002-07-31
Simi Valley, CA

said by dave:

quote:
If our cat deigns to jump into my lap while I'm working, the loudest noise in the room should be the purring of the cat, not the computer.
OK, so maybe Mr. Torvalds is ok after all Though I would care to know how he gets the cat to stay on his lap and not attempting to sprawl over the keyboard.

(Actually, I do respect Linus. He's a lot more reasoned than many of his acolytes, and I can't blame him for them).

Shock collar?