MVM
join:2000-09-08
Cape Cod

1 edit

jack b to ke4pym

MVM

to ke4pym

Re: I've gone and done it ... solar install

How does Duke "know" how much power you generate?

Say for example at a given point in time if you're burning 4KW and your production is 4KW, the utility meter sits idle.

Is there any method of capturing your generation production ? (other than through the Enphase Enlighten website)

I find the production data listed on Enlighten is close to what my revenue meter registers on a monthly basis, but what they are reporting is consistently somewhat higher.

My SREC's are based on total generation regardless how much of it I used myself.
ke4pym
Premium Member
join:2004-07-24
Charlotte, NC

ke4pym

Premium Member

said by jack b:

How does Duke "know" how much power you generate?

Say for example at a given point in time if you're burning 4KW and your production is 4KW, the utility meter sits idle.

The net meter will record inbound and outbound energy usage. If I'm using 4kW and producing 4kW there will be no energy used from the grid. So, nothing to record.

jack b
Gone Fishing
MVM
Cape Cod

jack b

MVM

I got that... I was curious how you will measure how much power is being generated.

tstolze
Premium Member
join:2003-08-08
O Fallon, MO

tstolze

Premium Member

said by jack b:

I got that... I was curious how you will measure how much power is being generated.

I have a device that each inverter reports to, it uploads the data to the companies server to show it online.
»enlighten.enphaseenergy. ··· ZFS75933

I also use my Ted5000 to give me my usage information. It measures the mains from the meter and the feed from the array, using the 2 measurements to give me all the information I need.
ke4pym
Premium Member
Charlotte, NC

ke4pym to jack b

Premium Member

to jack b
said by jack b:

Other than what the net meter tells me and what the inverters tell me, I have no real plans.

jack b
Gone Fishing
MVM
Cape Cod

1 edit

jack b to tstolze

MVM

to tstolze
I'm also using a TED-5000 with two sets of CT's and the Enphase Envoy.

I like how you have an image in the background, How'd you do that?!

I also use a free firefox add-on, Ted the toolbar, it gives me a real-time view of the system voltage and net KW while browsing. It also has full-window graphs you can launch.

»addons.mozilla.org/en-US ··· toolbar/

tstolze
Premium Member
O Fallon, MO

tstolze

Premium Member

said by jack b:

I like how you have an image in the background, How'd you do that?!

It is an option within the array builder portion of the site. My installer was dragging their feet getting it setup, so I did it myself. If you are not able to get to it, send an image to your installer and ask them to add it.
ke4pym
Premium Member
Charlotte, NC

ke4pym

Premium Member

What's the capacity of your panels (in individual watts)?

tstolze
Premium Member
O Fallon, MO

tstolze

Premium Member

said by ke4pym:

What's the capacity of your panels (in individual watts)?

Manufactured by Solarworld USA, 255 watt panels