Search similar:

uniqs

FF4m3
@rr.com

FF4m3

Anon

Model B Raspberry Pi Comes With 512MB RAM - Same Price

Raspberry Pi doubles the RAM, but resists price hike - October 15, 2012:

People who buy a Raspberry Pi will now get 512MB of RAM as standard, twice as much as before, the backers of the cheap Linux computer have revealed.

The upgrade to the Model B version of the Raspberry Pi kicks in on Monday at distributors Element 14/Premier Farnell and RS Components, according to the device's creator Eben Upton.

"If you have an outstanding order with either distributor, you will receive the upgraded device in place of the 256MB version you ordered," Upton said in a post to the Raspberry Pi blog. "Units should start arriving in customers' hands today, and we will be making a firmware upgrade available in the next couple of days to enable access to the additional memory."

One other untrumpeted shift in the Model Bs now being shipped is that they come with a Samsung chip, rather than the Hynix product seen earlier.

EUS
Kill cancer
Premium Member
join:2002-09-10
canada

EUS

Premium Member

It's $10 ($35) more for model B, not the same price ($25).
I'd love to buy a couple, now if only if production could keep with demand.......
"...the estimated delivery time is uncertain and will likely take several months."

Extide
join:2000-06-11
Salt Lake City, UT

Extide

said by EUS:

It's $10 ($35) more for model B, not the same price ($25).
I'd love to buy a couple, now if only if production could keep with demand.......
"...the estimated delivery time is uncertain and will likely take several months."

No, it is the same price. He is not talking about the $25 model A. Just the $35 Model B, which used to come with 256MB, and now comes with 512MB, for the same price as before.

EUS
Kill cancer
Premium Member
canada

1 edit

EUS

Premium Member

Ah, ok, thanks for clarification.
More coffee does not always equal less cobwebs in the noggin'.

Snakeoil
Ignore Button. The coward's feature.
Premium Member
join:2000-08-05
united state

Snakeoil to EUS

Premium Member

to EUS
»www.amazon.com/Raspberry ··· berry+pi

This guy is reselling them at nearly 60 bucks a unit. lol. Talk about marking up the product.

EUS
Kill cancer
Premium Member
canada

EUS

Premium Member

Not sure how I feel about profiteering off a product that forwards proceeds to a charity.
If only this was a registered charitable org in my country....

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium Member
join:2001-01-02
Forest Grove, OR

darcilicious

Premium Member

I don't think you really meant "profiteering" did you?

Make or seek to make an excessive or unfair profit, esp. illegally or in a black market.

Also, what charity are you talking about?

EUS
Kill cancer
Premium Member
canada

EUS

Premium Member

»en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ra ··· undation

Excessive profit, sure profiteering fits here.

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium Member
Forest Grove, OR

darcilicious

Premium Member

Ah I didn't know that they were a non-profit themselves.

And I'm sorry, what's their profit margin on each board?

EUS
Kill cancer
Premium Member
canada

EUS

Premium Member

said by Snakeoil:

»www.amazon.com/Raspberry ··· berry+pi

This guy is reselling them at nearly 60 bucks a unit. lol. Talk about marking up the product.

I seem to have broken the link.

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium Member
Forest Grove, OR

darcilicious

Premium Member

LOL! Okay, so apparently I'm wearing my IDIOT hat today. Yes, that Amazon seller is profiteering. Sorry for missing the context.

I'll just step away from the keyboard now

EUS
Kill cancer
Premium Member
canada

1 recommendation

EUS

Premium Member

I wore this hat earlier (with my price comments), I'm glad someone else found it!

Cabal
Premium Member
join:2007-01-21

Cabal to FF4m3

Premium Member

to FF4m3
Really enjoyed finally having time to play with my Model B over the weekend. It appears the stock Raspbian distribution doesn't yet support the full 512 MB memory, but you can download an updated firmware and move it into place manually, for now.