uniqs
TucanoRC
join:2007-05-28
Leesburg, GA

TucanoRC to MediacomChad

to MediacomChad

Re: [IL] Bandwidth caps?

MediacomChad,
While you are at it, can you check my account also... I went from 50M down to a constant 2m download just last night.

Klint Torbert

MediacomChad
Mediacom Social Media Relations Team
Premium Member
join:2010-01-20
Gulf Breeze, FL

MediacomChad

Premium Member

Are you getting the speeds wired or wireless?
TucanoRC
join:2007-05-28
Leesburg, GA

TucanoRC

MediacomChad,
I am wired. The funny thing is, I unplugged the power to the modem for a few hours while the wife and went out to dinner. Plugged the power back in, waited for the lights on the modem, then t hurned on the computer, the speeds were back to normal. About a half hour in to watching a movie (in HD), it started buffering. I closed the movie and went to Speedtest, back down to 2Mb.

Klint

MediacomChad
Mediacom Social Media Relations Team
Premium Member
join:2010-01-20
Gulf Breeze, FL

MediacomChad

Premium Member

I will be happy to look into this issue for you. Can you send me a PM with your account or phone number?
ThatGuyInIA
join:2003-06-02
Ankeny, IA

2 edits

ThatGuyInIA to TucanoRC

to TucanoRC
said by TucanoRC:

About a half hour in to watching a movie (in HD), it started buffering. I closed the movie and went to Speedtest, back down to 2Mb.

Good luck with it. Mediacom could be "traffic shaping" your connection to the point where watching movies will be impossible. I've been having the same problem for over a month now. I can't even get through an entire 1 hour TV episode via Amazon video.

I'm guessing that any Mediacom customer under the old 250GB soft cap plan will have their speed throttled based on their usage just like the AT&T wireless people did who were grandfathered into the unlimited plan.

hi there
@mchsi.com

hi there

Anon

this might just be the slow speeds that occur during peak hours. It will go from the full 3 megabits down to nothing, back up again, which is why I simply got a btguard account to mask my ip address while downloading torrents.. and admittedly I don't seed, I'm just a leecher.

That an a good DNS lookup service since not all of BTGUARD's IP addresses work properly so instead of entering in their generic "proxy.btguard.com" on my torrent I instead select a specific working IP address from this list

»mxtoolbox.com/SuperTool. ··· uard.com

Downloading and storing content locally is far more bandwidth effective than streaming it over and over.