Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

JBear

join:2005-02-24
canada
reply to Link Logger

Re: Amanda Todd, her bulliers etc and Anonymous

Such a sad and tragic story as the OP said. I think unfortunately Anonymous may have gone to far (as they usually do). I don't understand why they just don't send information to the authorities instead of potentially ruining someone's life who is as of right now innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.

To add to norwegian See Profile's point, another problem with technology is that a lot of parents never really grew up with it. I'd assume Amanda's parents are probably the age where they are not really tech savvy and didn't really know what was going on with their daughter until the blackmail started. I think this may change as the younger tech driven generations become parents themselves and more sad stories such as this one make the headlines.

Dude111
An Awesome Dude
Premium
join:2003-08-04
USA
kudos:13
reply to Link Logger

I read they got the wrong guy by mistake so yes LIKE YOU SAID,they should have just given it to the authorities INSTEAD OF BLINDLY SPREADING THE INNOCENT GUYS STUFF ALL OVER!! -- I know they meant well but w/o knowing for sure,ITS NOT WISE TO DO THAT!!

Mele20
Premium
join:2001-06-05
Hilo, HI
kudos:5

1 recommendation

reply to JBear

Re: Amanda Todd, her bulliers etc and Anonymous

said by JBear:

I'd assume Amanda's parents are probably the age where they are not really tech savvy and didn't really know what was going on with their daughter until the blackmail started. I think this may change as the younger tech driven generations become parents themselves and more sad stories such as this one make the headlines.

Her mother is a TEACHER OF YOUNG PEOPLE. She knows about computers. It would be the grandparents that might not know much about computers. The whole thing is fishy....why did her parents raise her to believe it was ok to flash her tits, especially at such a young age, to strangers on the internet? Why weren't they paying more attention to what she was doing online?

I sure wouldn't want her mom teaching my kids!
--
When governments fear people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. Thomas Jefferson

JBear

join:2005-02-24
canada
From what I gather, she flashed them to someone who had built a rapport with her. Also remember that we are not talking about a fully grown adult woman here but about a young lady who was 15 when this ended. This grown man could have swooned her easily to get a flash.

DownTheShore
RIP tmpchaos
Premium
join:2003-12-02
Beautiful NJ
kudos:14
But what ethical values did her parents teach her, if any, that she didn't respect herself enough not to flash body parts?

AVD
Respice, Adspice, Prospice
Premium
join:2003-02-06
Onion, NJ
kudos:1
reply to KoRnGtL15
said by KoRnGtL15:

Until it becomes a crime. It will always continue. Even then. People will still do it since they are ignorant and a waste to society.

I would assume that most of these activities already run afoul of current law.

We don't need new laws, although there might be some fine tuning of existing laws.
--
--Standard disclaimers apply.--

AVD
Respice, Adspice, Prospice
Premium
join:2003-02-06
Onion, NJ
kudos:1
reply to DownTheShore
said by DownTheShore:

But what ethical values did her parents teach her, if any, that she didn't respect herself enough not to flash body parts?

you (plural) would have a better case if this was an isolated incident. But the internet is flooded with sexting and other simiral activities., and not just my misadjusted malcontents, but even celebrities.
--
--Standard disclaimers apply.--