uniqs
share rss forum feed

atuarre
Here come the drums
Premium
join:2004-02-14
Conroe, TX

Are my signal levels within spec?

IDK if my signal levels are okay or not. My internet has not been what it normally is for the past few days and I pulled up the modem to check the signals and they are usually in the 6s but their low. Are they okay?

moldypickle

join:2009-01-04
Haughton, LA
kudos:2
Those are perfectly fine there. What are your upstream numbers?

atuarre
Here come the drums
Premium
Conroe, TX

Intoxicoded

join:2011-05-02
USA
reply to atuarre
Hate to hijack your thread. but was wondering how to check my levels on the arris docsis 3 modem they give you?

atuarre
Here come the drums
Premium
Conroe, TX
reply to atuarre
Go to: 192.168.100.1 in your browser and one of the tabs should display the information.

Gaff
Just like the gypsy woman said

join:1999-09-05
North TX, US
Reviews:
·Suddenlink
reply to atuarre
Typically you want SnR to be over 30dB (and preferably over 40) and downstream Power to be between -8 and +8 dBmV.

On those metrics your signal levels look fine.
--
My PC Gaming Blog
»www.gaffonline.com

atuarre
Here come the drums
Premium
Conroe, TX
reply to atuarre
Click for full size
Snapshot @ 11/01/12 2238
Tonight, I started noticing my internet was extremely slow. Donwloads that should take seconds are taking 20 or 30 minutes or more. Speed tests are showing i'm getting 1-5 megs down. My signal resembles what I when I started this topic. The Suddenlink technical support rep that I spoke to maybe 30 minutes ago said my signal is not good and that they need to send someone out to check and see what the problem is.

moldypickle

Haughton, LA
Reviews:
·Suddenlink
your upstream looks like it is having some issues. it has lost a lock and dropped down to qpsk to keep running. you could try going into that diagnostic page and on one of the tabs there should be a button to "Restore all defaults". Click that and wait a minute, then click the "reboot modem" button. You ideally want to see that 16 and or 64 QAM modulation

atuarre
Here come the drums
Premium
Conroe, TX
reply to atuarre
Click for full size
Suddenlink came out today. The guy said my signal was too high, so he put a splitter between the modem and the line coming from the pole.

moldypickle

Haughton, LA
must be something else going on on your line cause the before and after pics don't really show change like there was a splitter added. But aslong as things are working......