uniqs
Expand your moderator at work

Name Game
Premium Member
join:2002-07-07
Grand Rapids, MI

Name Game

Premium Member

Re: Facebook-Email Telling Picture on Album 32 dot Com? Scam???

same server..IP

Server Location: India

DNS Records Analysis

ihtts.com has address 31.192.109.216
www.ihtts.com has address 31.192.109.216
Websites Hosted On Same IP Address Analysis

The server IP address of Ihtts.com is 31.192.109.216, we have found 6 websites hosted on this server.
You also from here to view more infomations, or view websites hosted at the same network as Ihtts.com from here.

Rank Domain IP Address
#1,681,344 photo1998.com IP address: 31.192.109.216
#4,424,650 album92.com IP address: 31.192.109.216
#2,535,578 albums96.com IP address: 31.192.109.216
#11,508,184 albums99.com IP address: 31.192.109.216
n/a stphtm.com IP address: 31.192.109.216
n/a album32.com IP address: 31.192.109.216

Snowy
Lock him up!!!
Premium Member
join:2003-04-05
Kailua, HI

1 edit

1 recommendation

Snowy

Premium Member

If the redirector(s) & phish page are both on the same server I can see why you chose that server.
That says a lot about the miscreant behind it.
Getting back to OP, yes, your facebook login credentials were the only thing at risk.
No driveby downloads etc.., to be concerned over.

Edit to add: *If* you had submitted your facebook logn to the phish page & as Name Game See Profile pointed out, you use the same password to login into other web based services you should worry about those services also being compromised.

Name Game
Premium Member
Grand Rapids, MI

Name Game

Premium Member

Yes and all these have been like that..granted not in all case are they the same place..but if you look at this one..and the last three like it..has to be the same group or person...I think your group goes after them when the file is complete..and then hands it over to authorities..like at Computer Cops years back etc and maybe that group even shut down the server sooner..Lot's of hard work done and still goes on I am sure.
Name Game

Name Game to Snowy

Premium Member

to Snowy
"your facebook login credentials were the only thing at risk."

Yes but the login is an email address..and for most people a good one they use all the time...and I would say 90% use the same password for that email addy and their facebook..

Snowy
Lock him up!!!
Premium Member
join:2003-04-05
Kailua, HI

Snowy

Premium Member

said by Name Game:

Yes but the login is an email address..and for most people a good one they use all the time...and I would say 90% use the same password for that email addy and their facebook..

My edit to add was posted prior to this.

Name Game
Premium Member
Grand Rapids, MI

Name Game

Premium Member

OK..I wonder if it is yahoo email people who are getting this wave of email...so far seems all are yahoo customers..but not sure yet.
Mele20
Premium Member
join:2001-06-05
Hilo, HI

1 recommendation

Mele20 to Name Game

Premium Member

to Name Game
said by Name Game:

If I did have a Facebook account this would not be the case for me.
Anyhow, users have got to start practicing safe hex and don't be stupid and use the same password for email and Facebook. Never use your email passwords for anything else! And be sure you write them all down and put the list in a safe place or use a Password Manager if you trust them....I've had bad luck with them so I don't use them.

carpetshark3
Premium Member
join:2004-02-12
Idledale, CO

carpetshark3 to Name Game

Premium Member

to Name Game
said by Name Game:

OK..I wonder if it is yahoo email people who are getting this wave of email...so far seems all are yahoo customers..but not sure yet.

Haven't seen it on the junk Yahoo account I signed up for FB with.
All I get from FB is that so and so added a friend. If I ever posted on FB, it was to a company who decided to run customer service that way. I just read friends' posts and email them. (the friends)

jaykaykay
4 Ever Young
MVM
join:2000-04-13
USA

jaykaykay to Name Game

MVM

to Name Game
Not seen on one that I have.

La Luna
Fly With The Angels My Beloved Son Chris
Premium Member
join:2001-07-12
New Port Richey, FL

1 recommendation

La Luna to Name Game

Premium Member

to Name Game
said by Name Game:

I'm in the 10% catagory. My FB pw is unique and is only used there.

mcrosby
@ptd.net

mcrosby to Name Game

Anon

to Name Game
I have AOL and I get them.. this is like the 4th or 5th one I got...

Kam
@comcast.net

Kam to Name Game

Anon

to Name Game
My email is not Yahoo but I still received the scam message. I went there before I saw the warning. Anything I can do about it?

igotscammed
@choiceone.net

igotscammed to Name Game

Anon

to Name Game
yep, I just got one on my Facebook email for Album 89 dot com. I think it is a scam

Scammed
@sbcglobal.net

Scammed

Anon

Yep! Just got one myself for Album 89 dot com. I got it through FB and I have a Yahoo account. Do I need to change my password again or what?

Worried
@bell.ca

Worried

Anon

I just got a message from a friend on facebook telling me to go to album 89 dot com and look up my name. Is anyone reciving similar messages. Or is mine a completely different circumstance ?

dmichele29
@sbcglobal.net

dmichele29

Anon

yes I just received the same thing, does this mean I've been hacked

cortezam20
@comcast.net

cortezam20 to Worried

Anon

to Worried
I got tha same thing.

bigc
@myvzw.com

bigc to Worried

Anon

to Worried
said by Worried :

I just got a message from a friend on facebook telling me to go to album 89 dot com and look up my name. Is anyone reciving similar messages. Or is mine a completely different circumstance ?

I just got the same message from someone i haven't talked to in ages. When i typed it in it sent me to my fb login. . .but i was already logged in so it shouldve taken me straight to my page. Im assuming its a scam to hack fb accounts or its a virus of some sort

Ashley
@cox.net

Ashley to Worried

Anon

to Worried
I just got an I'm on Facebook from two ppl on my friends list.
It said go to album 89 dot com search for my name.
What's the deal with this anyone know ?

Wildbill
@charter.com

Wildbill to bigc

Anon

to bigc
I just received the same Facebook Notification email from one of my FB friends asking: "hey, go to album89 dot com and search for your name then click on the first photo.. I bet you didn't remember that, eh?"

NOTICE THE URL:
ht tp://www.facebook.com.login.php-profile-signin-ilkr4div.album89.com/index.php

This is NOT a facebook url ... FACEBOOK.COM IS JUST PART OF THE SUB-DOMAIN. Notice the end of the URL and you will see the actual domain here that you are logging into with your private info is ALBUM89.COM - Also if you view source on the page you will notice that the images/graphics are being hosted from a 3rd party site: »3.bp.blogspot.com/-AOgsq ··· 0/i3.png

I did not fall for it but is likely most people will I wonder what the purpose of this hacking attempt is?

EcoSec
@clearwire-dns.net

EcoSec to Ashley

Anon

to Ashley
Well I do hate to be conspiratorial, but I just got the "Album 89" message just after posting anti-Monsanto information on the "No On Prop 37" Facebook page, which is funded in part by none other than Monsanto and friends. It may be coincidental but I certainly want to shut down these agri-bullies with their big ideas about "replacing nature."

Name Game
Premium Member
Grand Rapids, MI

1 edit

Name Game

Premium Member

Click for full size
Hosted on the same server in India as album32
»www.statscrop.com/www/al ··· um89.com

also by the same guy...
»www.statscrop.com/websit ··· um89.com

therube
join:2004-11-11
Randallstown, MD

therube to Anon

to Anon
(I've only read some, so don't know where/if the two of you have finished, ...)

So semantics - as it applies to the lay person, aside, is it real or is it memorex?

hxxp://cnbc-news-world.com/weeknews/lastnews.php

Hint, it is not real, so beware if you visit.

Whois Server Version 2.0

Domain names in the .com and .net domains can now be registered
with many different competing registrars. Go to http://www.internic.net
for detailed information.

Domain Name: CNBC-NEWS-WORLD.COM
   Registrar: BIZCN.COM, INC.
   Whois Server: whois.bizcn.com
   Referral URL: http://www.bizcn.com
   Name Server: NS1.NOTAFREENS.COM
   Name Server: NS2.NOTAFREENS.COM ...

Name Game
Premium Member
Grand Rapids, MI

Name Game

Premium Member

»www.statscrop.com/www/cn ··· orld.com

»www.statscrop.com/websit ··· orld.com

same thing
@comcast.net

same thing to Worried

Anon

to Worried
i had the same thing don't put in your info. if by chance you did change your password on your facebook and your email. if you don't see the HTTPS:// before the website url then it is not secure like the page it redirects you too at album 89 dot com.

MiMi
@cox.net

MiMi to bigc

Anon

to bigc
I had someone on my friends list as well to go to albumn 89 dot.com and look up my name and click on the first picture..i was lik omg whats going on..but little did i know it was a scam..it is a scam..so no raunchy pictures its all a scam

The fixer
@comcast.net

The fixer to Ashley

Anon

to Ashley
I received one, as well, it's spam. Whoever you received it from has probably been hacked, just delete it, otherwise if you go to the site, you may be hacked as well. Good luck, hope that helps!

jomomma
@rr.com

jomomma to Snowy

Anon

to Snowy
no i have a gmail account and i got one...

Goku
@suddenlink.net

Goku to Name Game

Anon

to Name Game
I got it in my FB mail it says yesterday from a girl that i havent known for very long at all. my FB is made with yahoo, but my password is pretty complicaited. i know they didnt hack it, but how did i get this? it showed up like it was from her.

Robin Robertson
hey, go to album89 dot com and search for "Nikki Dooley" then click on the first photo.. I bet you didn't remember that, eh?