uniqs
koreyb
Open the Canadian Market NOW
join:2005-01-08
Etobicoke, ON

koreyb

[Cable] Rogers door to door sales

Has anyone else had this???

Today we had a Rogers door to door sales guy come who knew my full name, address, and what services I had and who with.

First question: Are they allowed to do this?
Are they able to use my info teksavvy gives them to approach and try to get customers to flip to them?

I wasn't home or I would have grilled the guy.

Its not right and shouldn't be allowed!
yyzlhr
join:2012-09-03
Scarborough, ON

yyzlhr

If you have or had a Rogers cell phone or residential products in the past they are allowed to use that information to solicit you for any services other then internet. Rogers has it's own internal policy to NOT solicit TPIA customers for internet services.

If you've never had any of those services then that might be a problem. Rogers still has your information because all TPIA customers have a customer profile in the Rogers systems which is clearly tagged with do not solicit alerts.
koreyb
Etobicoke, ON

1 edit

koreyb

I have never and don't have any rogers products at this address.. The "sales" person who I have his number, name and email that is a corp email address at rogers (@rci.rogers.com). He clearly researched my address.. knew everything about my services with TSI, and personally was trying to get me to flip. It's not right, and a sales guy should NOT have access to TPIA accounts.. IF I call rogers, I will be pointed back at TSI as I'm technically not a rogers customer. This is a real privacy concern, as my agreement is with TSI, not Rogers, and apparently if ROGERS or Bell aren't going to limit access to my info, what's stopping them from selling said info? I only have the TOS with Teksavvy.

creed3020
Premium Member
join:2006-04-26
Kitchener, ON

creed3020 to koreyb

Premium Member

to koreyb
This is a very interesting topic to me because shortly after I started a new job in Kitchener I started to receive self addressed mail at work from Rogers advertising their cell phones plans. How the hell they got my work address is beyond me and how did they even know I worked there?!?!?!

The only Rogers service I've touched is TSI Cable.
HeadSpinning
MNSi Internet
join:2005-05-29
Windsor, ON

HeadSpinning to yyzlhr

to yyzlhr
said by yyzlhr:

If you have or had a Rogers cell phone or residential products in the past they are allowed to use that information to solicit you for any services other then internet. Rogers has it's own internal policy to NOT solicit TPIA customers for internet services.

If you've never had any of those services then that might be a problem. Rogers still has your information because all TPIA customers have a customer profile in the Rogers systems which is clearly tagged with do not solicit alerts.

In my experience, Rogers does not follow their own internal "do not solicit" alerts even for their own customers. My contract came up around 18 months ago, and they've been hounding me on a regular basis to upgrade my phone and re-contract. I've called in to customer service at least 5 times and asked them to put me on their internal do not solicit list. I still get regular text messages from Rogers and phone calls on my cell phone from Rogers.

The last batch of calls came from an outside marketing firm hired by Rogers. I asked at the beginning of the call if this was a marketing call. The young lady on the phone said "no, this is a courtesy call to review your current plan and see if you're eligible for a hardware upgrade and new contract".

They just can't help themselves. They're snakes, and will directly solicit their retail and wholesale end users despite whatever flags or alerts are on the account.

My number ports out tomorrow at noon. Good riddance Rogers, you just lost a $200/month customer.

TSI Andre
Premium Member
join:2008-06-03
Chatham, ON

TSI Andre to koreyb

Premium Member

to koreyb
Have you ever had Rogers service at that address? Whether it be Cable, Internet, Phone or Wireless?
Expand your moderator at work
koreyb
Etobicoke, ON

koreyb to TSI Andre

to TSI Andre

Re: [Cable] Rogers door to door sales

No... that's my issue.
koreyb

koreyb to HeadSpinning

to HeadSpinning
said by HeadSpinning:

said by yyzlhr:

In my experience, Rogers does not follow their own internal "do not solicit" alerts even for their own customers. My contract came up around 18 months ago, and they've been hounding me on a regular basis to upgrade my phone and re-contract. I've called in to customer service at least 5 times and asked them to put me on their internal do not solicit list. I still get regular text messages from Rogers and phone calls on my cell phone from Rogers.

The last batch of calls came from an outside marketing firm hired by Rogers. I asked at the beginning of the call if this was a marketing call. The young lady on the phone said "no, this is a courtesy call to review your current plan and see if you're eligible for a hardware upgrade and new contract".

They just can't help themselves. They're snakes, and will directly solicit their retail and wholesale end users despite whatever flags or alerts are on the account.

My number ports out tomorrow at noon. Good riddance Rogers, you just lost a $200/month customer.

If I had service before, I would understand. When I've had Rogers services in the past at other addresses, I NEVER TELL THEM where I'm going when I cancel. This gent clearly had all the info TSI gave them and was using it, as he knew everything, including my current provider, which ROGERS would have no other way of knowing. This is a privacy concern and NEEDS to be addressed... in fact I would say the privacy commissioner may need to be called in.

I don't have an issue with ROGERS having basic info due to being with TSI CABLE, but to give their sales people full access to said info, when I don't have services with them, really crosses the line, and makes it questionable of what the info is being used for, or who it's being sold to.

Bell likely does the same thing... but this is a serious issue that someone needs to address.
Expand your moderator at work