Search similar:

uniqs
jpatton
join:2010-04-07
Madison, WI

jpatton

[Cable TV] Loud MCC Local Commercials

MediacomChad or other reps:

Not sure where to post this, but I'm guessing there may be some "cosigners" on this forum. Some of your local commercials, at least in the Des Moines/Ames market, come through obnoxiously loud compared to volume of regular programming and commercials. In particular, the Ravvid commercial just kills my and my wife's ears and has us reaching for mute every time it comes on. Please oh please do a better job quality controlling the commercials you insert on channels. Also note that come two months time, you may be even be subject to legal action if you do not have technology to regulate the volume of your commercials! »en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Co ··· tion_Act

Bierboy
join:2008-08-07
East Moline, IL

Bierboy

This is a lost cause. I (and I'm sure others) have complained about this for a loooong time. Nothing every gets done about it. It's especially evident on the local commercials; the network spots seem to be OK.

tsduke
Premium Member
join:2006-03-04
Waterloo, IA

tsduke to jpatton

Premium Member

to jpatton
I thought the FCC was mandating them to turn down the commercial volumes?
jpatton
Madison, WI

jpatton

Right, but the FCC has to wait until mid-December this year to start enforcing it (check the wiki link in OP).

MediacomChad
Mediacom Social Media Relations Team
Premium Member
join:2010-01-20
Gulf Breeze, FL

MediacomChad to jpatton

Premium Member

to jpatton
jpatton, I just sent you an IM.

Bierboy
East Moline, IL

Bierboy to jpatton

to jpatton
I literally have to mute the sound when local drop-ins are airing....it's THAT loud.
wth
Premium Member
join:2002-02-20
Iowa City,IA

wth to jpatton

Premium Member

to jpatton
I'll bet that this problem isn't a system wide issue, but more of a local headend issue, as it doesn't seem to be a problem here for sometime, but I can remember last year...
jpatton
Madison, WI

jpatton

said by wth:

I'll bet that this problem isn't a system wide issue, but more of a local headend issue...

If that's the case, then no local Mediacom employees must actually have Mediacom service, because if I worked there, I'd be constantly getting on the case of the guys in charge of this!

Ok, so I kid a bit there, but I know there are other people in Ames on here occasionally... does the Ravvid commercial ring a bell with any of you?

MediacomChad
Premium Member
Gulf Breeze, FL

MediacomChad

Premium Member

I have sent this issue to the Area Manager and the Headend tech to look into. As soon as I get an update, I will followup with you.
jpatton
Madison, WI

jpatton

Thanks Chad, I appreciate your response here and in the IM system.

MediacomChad
Premium Member
Gulf Breeze, FL

MediacomChad

Premium Member

You are welcome.

Radio_Guy
Field Engineer
Premium Member
Clive, IA

Radio_Guy

Premium Member

I have also noticed the same thing in the Des Moines area on some of the HD channels. Audio on the local commercials seem more than twice as loud as the show content. This does not play well with the kids nap time!

Bierboy
East Moline, IL

Bierboy

Has there been any resolution to this issue? I still notice this in the Quad Cities....

Anonymous88
Premium Member
join:2004-06-01
IA

Anonymous88 to jpatton

Premium Member

to jpatton
Get DVR service or wait for FCC smackdown.

Bierboy
East Moline, IL

Bierboy

said by Anonymous88:

Get DVR service or wait for FCC smackdown.

Huh!?

Radio_Guy
Field Engineer
Premium Member
Clive, IA

Radio_Guy to jpatton

Premium Member

to jpatton
If you are interested, here is an article on CNN about the commercial volume mandate.

CNN article: RIP excessively loud TV commercials

If you would like to file a complaint with the FCC about this issue, go to http://www.fcc.gov/complaints

Have a great day!
wth
Premium Member
join:2002-02-20
Iowa City,IA

wth to jpatton

Premium Member

to jpatton
In iowa city, The 2 local commercials mediacom ran at 8:13pm and the one local that ran at 8:22 pm and at 8:25 pm on channel 834 on 01/10/2013 were WAY to loud, in violation of current FCC regs.