MVM
join:2004-04-23
Nepean, ON

mozerd to Jetcanada

MVM

to Jetcanada

Re: [Extreme Plus] Hitron Technologies CGN2-ROG

said by Jetcanada :

3. Call Rogers, navigate to the live tech support for Internet, and ask the tech to switch your gateway to bridge mode only (apparently this option is not available to you via the admin GUI). This will disable the wi-fi and routing features of the gateway. Your gateway will reboot and reconnect to the Internet.

Yes the option is available via the GUI but its not easily apparent ... so for those that are not technically inclined I suggest the easiest way is to call Rogers technical support and have them do the conversion to bridge mode.

Fr Lurker
@rogers.com

Fr Lurker

Anon

@mozerd

Could you explain how to do it step by step?

I'm on Express with an older Motorola sb5100 modem bought in 2005 so can't get the new max speed available for my connection. I'm also locked in at 60gb instead of the advertised 80gb because of my modem. I'm thinking of buying or renting a new modem (the Hitron is the only one they've offered to me on rental) but don't want to depend on Rogers phone techs to adjust the modem any time it needs to be reset.

mozerd
Light Will Pierce The Darkness
MVM
join:2004-04-23
Nepean, ON

mozerd

MVM

said by Fr Lurker :

Could you explain how to do it step by step?

I set one up for a client so I no longer have access to it to trace the steps needed.
I suggest that You not get a Hitron but instead get the CISCO DPC 3825 and when you get it home and connect it to Rogers Phone Rogers Technical support and they I'll be happy to bridge the unit for you.

Rogers does stock both the Hitron and CISCO ... So if the store CSR gives you a hard time re the CISCO phone the Rogers sales number and request that they send you one via UPS or Canada Post and charge your cable account.