spc
uniqs

bhan261
join:2001-02-12
New York, NY

bhan261 to danclan

to danclan

Re: Difference between Verizon Digital Voice & Freedom Essential

No odd codes. And it only is the incoming faxes that are affected. I did turn the baud rate down to 9600 and turned off error correction...two suggestions I got here. I also put an old DSL line filter on the DV phone line...another suggestion I got. None of which has solved the problem.

danclan
join:2005-11-01
Midlothian, VA

danclan

Do you subscribe to verizon's voicemail service? and do you disable that or set ring count to 6 so your fax picks up on a lower number?

just random thoughts....

bhan261
New York, NY

bhan261

That line doesn't have voicemail activated. To be clear, the fax machine picks up and connects on all incoming faxes. But when it prints, it only prints about the top 20% of the page...on SOME faxes. Others print in their entirety just fine. Very bizarre!
shof515
join:2008-06-15
Ridgewood, NY

shof515

said by bhan261:

That line doesn't have voicemail activated. To be clear, the fax machine picks up and connects on all incoming faxes. But when it prints, it only prints about the top 20% of the page...on SOME faxes. Others print in their entirety just fine. Very bizarre!

does the fax have a spam feature? that could be causing it. Since it prints fine on other faxes and half fine on others makes me think there is problem with the machine and not the phone line

bhan261
New York, NY

bhan261

No spam feature that I know of. I'm out of town so it will be later in the week before I can check it.