spc
uniqs

DamonLee22
@mycingular.net

DamonLee22 to Sandy T

Anon

to Sandy T

Re: HughesNet Gen4 Buyer Beware

I had Hughes Net for two years and was not satisfied with the service or the $82 dollar cost every month. I decided to go with a new line of service on my cell phone and got the data connect device instead. I called Hughes Net and cancelled my service and was immediately transferred over to a lady who began offering me the new Gen4 Service... She explained to me the equipment would be Free, Installation would be free, and I would receive Unlimited Data for a fee of 49.95 plus tax per month... I didn't take the deal, but didn't sound too bad... I already signed the contract with my phone service. My suggestion to anyone who is unhappy with their service with Hughes Net should call and tell them you wish to cancel the service, I'm sure if you have been with them for a couple of years they will give you the same offer.
sharkyyoung
Premium Member
join:2012-03-15
Reno, NV

sharkyyoung

Premium Member

said by DamonLee22 :

I had Hughes Net for two years and was not satisfied with the service or the $82 dollar cost every month. I decided to go with a new line of service on my cell phone and got the data connect device instead. I called Hughes Net and cancelled my service and was immediately transferred over to a lady who began offering me the new Gen4 Service... She explained to me the equipment would be Free, Installation would be free, and I would receive Unlimited Data for a fee of 49.95 plus tax per month... I didn't take the deal, but didn't sound too bad... I already signed the contract with my phone service. My suggestion to anyone who is unhappy with their service with Hughes Net should call and tell them you wish to cancel the service, I'm sure if you have been with them for a couple of years they will give you the same offer.

No such thing as unlimited data on Hughes, and as far as the equipment being free that would have to be in writing.

compuguybna
join:2009-06-17
Nashville, TN

compuguybna to DamonLee22

to DamonLee22
Install might be free, Equipment might be "FREE" (meaning no up front cost or the equipment), but there is a $9.99 PER MONTH rental fee. always has been, probably always will be.

UNLIMITED? Yeah right, on satellite? NOT! even cellular/mobile broadband is slowly moving away from "unlimited"....even then its "FULL 3G/4G for 5GB", then throttled for the rest of the billing cycle. companies stretch the definition of the word "unlimited" so far its not funny.

i'd get any offering from HUGHESNET over the phone IN WRITING first.
said by DamonLee22 :