join:2012-01-26
AA169|170
kudos:2
Reviews:
·Clear Wireless
·Cox HSI
·Verizon FiOS

SoftBank offers unlimited service in .jp

But even that is completely irrelevant. SoftBank isn't dropping billions to lose a crapload of customers. The .jp market for mobile is saturated, not much growth left there but in the US there still is room to grow.

I don't see SoftBank making changes that would result in fewer customers. It is MUCH easier to keep existing customers than it is to replace them and that is what they would need to do if they dumped unlimited.

Premium
join:2004-07-28
West Tenness

said by skeechan:

But even that is completely irrelevant. SoftBank isn't dropping billions to lose a crapload of customers. The .jp market for mobile is saturated, not much growth left there but in the US there still is room to grow.

I don't see SoftBank making changes that would result in fewer customers. It is MUCH easier to keep existing customers than it is to replace them and that is what they would need to do if they dumped unlimited.

You miss the point. The low margin bargain hunters that also care about unlimited already have cheaper options( with no contracts by the way )in Sprint areas. I'm not sure how that's a plan for growth, fighting over crumbs with several other bargain companies.

hottboiinnc
ME

join:2003-10-15
Cleveland, OH

Especially when you have to fight your own MVNOs for customers and companies like PagePlus you won't beat out. Unlimited talk and tex for $30 per month. NOT going to beat that. You want data its $45. And it uses the VZW network.

Sprint has to also compete with TracFone's tons of companies that use their network and everyone elses. And then you have the Kroger Family of Company that has their own MVNO on Sprint who actually will give you free minutes and data for shopping at their stores.

skeechan
Ai Otsukaholic
Premium
join:2012-01-26
AA169|170
kudos:2

You are assuming SoftBank will renew those reseller agreements or raise wholesale rates.