spc
Search similar:

uniqs

Bradzor
join:2010-02-16
Ballwin, MO

Bradzor

[MoP] Why long downtime today?

seems like its extra long today... anyone know why?

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix

Premium Member

IIRC MV LFR part 2 is opening today.

ilvl req 460

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
join:2010-08-24
Mexico

Jobbie

Premium Member

said by DarkLogix:

IIRC MV LFR part 2 is opening today.

ilvl req 460

This

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix

Premium Member

Remember to turn in your 90 coins for 3 elder coins.

I think I'm going to take it easy on dailies, I have about 7 weeks of coin turn ins.
djlar
join:2009-04-23

djlar to Bradzor

to Bradzor
Yeah LFR second set of bosses opening up, just in time for my second 90, I got him barely to i460 and was able to run LFR last night (sadly no loot and had no coins)

So today is my main rogue 2 LFR wings, my shammy another 2 (he's resto/ele so fast one)

But I'm spending at least one coin on Sha of Anger, that guy gives i496 loot and tiers

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix

Premium Member

I want to do a Full LFR MV run (atleast part 2) before the groups running it descend into madness.

Skittles
Premium Member
join:2011-03-31

Skittles to DarkLogix

Premium Member

to DarkLogix
How exactly are the elder coins used, is there a prompt to click on to use them before the Blizzard rolls for us on boss loot?

Nick D
Premium Member
join:2010-02-04
Orange, CA

Nick D

Premium Member

Elder coins pop up a separate window on top of whatever loot, asking if you want to roll. This is regardless of the loot method otherwise: LFR style, ML, standard roll, whatever.

In LFR and world bosses, you'll know if you got an actual item before you need to make the roll decision, because its instant. With ML, you'll want to look at the corpse and see if you're about to get something.

One complaint we're having is that the bonus roll timeout is only like 20 seconds, so if you're rezzing people or there's some lollygagging for ML normal mode kills you can roll incorrectly. I blew a token on Spirit Kings this week when my shoulders had dropped, because I was dead at the time.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix to Skittles

Premium Member

to Skittles
Boss dies
norm loot window pops (in LFR its just you got this or that, no real chance to roll) and another prompt pops and asks if you want to use a coin.

You'll be asked if you want to use a coin for any MoP raid boss at any difficulty when you kill it.

at this point in the xpak LFR use of coins isn't to bad, though later on you will likely save them for heroic boss kills.

you can only have a max of 10 so in theory you could use 13 in a single week (cap at 10 one week do LFR, use 3, do the turn in for another 3, then use 3 on LFR part 2, then use 6 on reg raid, then one on sha or war band.)

you can only do the coin turn in once per week, but if capped you could wait till you've spent 3 before doing the turn in.
DarkLogix

DarkLogix to Nick D

Premium Member

to Nick D
said by Nick D:

Elder coins pop up a separate window on top of whatever loot, asking if you want to roll. This is regardless of the loot method otherwise: LFR style, ML, standard roll, whatever.

In LFR and world bosses, you'll know if you got an actual item before you need to make the roll decision, because its instant. With ML, you'll want to look at the corpse and see if you're about to get something.

Also it pays to look over the loot table.
then weigh the option of using a coin.

if the boss is LFR and say drops chest and hands for you, but you already have crafted items for those slots then don't bother using a coin.

but if everything for your class/spec that the boss drops are upgrades for you then go for it.

I used 2 on LFR last week, and over the whole run I got two items, nether were upgrades, so just 2 more sha crystals for me. (btw I used them on 1st and 2nd boss, but got 2 items off the 2nd boss.)

Nick D
Premium Member
Orange, CA

Nick D

Premium Member

What I'm curious about is if I can spec switch before the roll and get OS gear.

Maybe when coins are worth jack to me I'll give that a try.

Skittles
Premium Member

Skittles to Nick D

Premium Member

to Nick D
so in LFR say a boss dies and instaroll gives me satchel, if I open the bag and I find the standard gold and goes into my gold total automatically does that in turn cancel the chance to use coin or do I have the chance and say i win loot with coin, does it then subtract the previoulsy give initial gold from satchel?

s1deout
Geek4Life
Premium Member
join:2003-12-10
Troy, OH

s1deout

Premium Member

hopefully they fix the queue times for tanks. It was over an hour for me each time last week.
djlar

djlar to Skittles

to Skittles
I think the satchel always gives you gold, like DS LFR, when you get gear it will pop right away...

Right now I could use 1 piece of loot of every boss, so I'll likely to spend at least 2 coins on it..

Nick D
Premium Member
Orange, CA

Nick D

Premium Member

said by djlar:

I think the satchel always gives you gold, like DS LFR, when you get gear it will pop right away...

This is accurate. The satchel means you got gold; no need to open it to see if its loot. Open it whenever to get your gold.

Skittles:
The bonus roll and the loot for killing the boss are 100% independent. Whether you got gold or loot on one has no bearing on the other. You will most often get double gold (we're talking like 30g here), but you can get gold/loot, loot/gold, or loot/loot (even the same piece!)

Skittles
Premium Member

Skittles

Premium Member

gotcha, ty Nick.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix to Skittles

Premium Member

to Skittles
said by Skittles:

so in LFR say a boss dies and instaroll gives me satchel, if I open the bag and I find the standard gold and goes into my gold total automatically does that in turn cancel the chance to use coin or do I have the chance and say i win loot with coin, does it then subtract the previoulsy give initial gold from satchel?

There's a timer on the coin roll
it's a diff roll altogether so it doesn't effect the standard loot.

BTW it is possible to get gold from both.

Skittles
Premium Member

Skittles

Premium Member

So, I go into LFR with six elder coins, I used 4. none of which gave me anything but gold....28 gold. so for 120 quests worth of coins I made 112 gold, thats not even a gold per quest. I dont see that the coins make any real difference. Perhaps I would have felt different if I won an item with one of those rolls but it leaves me with not only a bad feeling about the coins but no real reason to try and farm them when I have the rep I need from various factions.

I did win items on the 2 bosses I didnt use a coin on. Helm and Fist weapon so the run wasnt all bad.
djlar

djlar to DarkLogix

to DarkLogix
said by DarkLogix See Profile

BTW it is possible to get gold from both.
[/BQUOTE :

It's like 90% possible to get gold/gold

What are the freakin' odds from the gold coin anyway? it seems like 10%

McBrain
BRB Face Melting
join:2010-05-06
Marietta, GA

McBrain to Skittles

to Skittles
So far I'm 0fer when it comes to coins...the first time I used one I didn't even get gold.

I didn't log in last night because I was feeling sick and had to be up at 4 am for work. But I have absolutely no hope that I will get anything in tonight's LFR run, if it even goes 6/6.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix

Premium Member

I did LFR part 2 last night and got a trinket, haste with a intel proc.

McBrain
BRB Face Melting
Marietta, GA

McBrain

Do you have access to a loot table right now?

I can't look while I'm at work, and want to know ahead of time who to drop my coins on if need be.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix

Premium Member

Sorry websensed.

I went ahead and used 3 coins on part 2.
1 item and 5 things of gold.

last week part 1 was
3 gold 2 loot. (only used 2 coins last week.)

Skittles
Premium Member

Skittles

Premium Member

Well Im glad someone has had some luck with them. Grats Dark.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix

Premium Member

Well the loot from part 1 last week was not upgrades, so just some sha crystals.

Snakeoil
Ignore Button. The coward's feature.
Premium Member
join:2000-08-05
united state

Snakeoil to Bradzor

Premium Member

to Bradzor
I hope they fixed the Quest "A threat in the south". I didn't get a flight path, and I had to look up on wow head to see how to get to the "?" marked person on top of the wall.
The rope was hard to see, but thanks to wowhead, I found it in no time. After wasting a hour looking for it last night.

Some players said that there is stairs that you can take, then walk south on the wall. But onve you see the meeting place stone, you have to fall off that wall, unto the wall where he quest end is.
For what ever reason, I couldn't find the stairs, nor did anyone post the stairs location.
djlar

djlar

Stairs are inside the quest hub on the Kun lai summit side, on the Soutwest, there's a couple of doors there were you enter to get and turn in quests

Snakeoil
Ignore Button. The coward's feature.
Premium Member
join:2000-08-05
united state

Snakeoil

Premium Member

Is that the spot where you had to collect mats for exploding barrels? There's a stack of barrels that runs up the cliff side.

McBrain
BRB Face Melting
Marietta, GA

McBrain to DarkLogix

to DarkLogix
said by DarkLogix:

Sorry websensed.

I went ahead and used 3 coins on part 2.
1 item and 5 things of gold.

last week part 1 was
3 gold 2 loot. (only used 2 coins last week.)

I used 2 coins on part 2 last night in 2 boss kills (elegon and emperor)...4 bags of gold.

That brings my grand total in LFR to 5 boss kills, 5 coins used, and 10 bags of gold.

FML.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix

Premium Member

Have you angered the RNG gods?