share rss forum feed

Eagles LoveR
Dawkins is a true Eagle
Premium
join:2001-11-29
Trenton, NJ
reply to I AM

Re: [NFL] Week 7 Games Discussion

Thats easy. But Brees has 3 targets even 4 over Henderson.. Colston, Graham, Moore, and Sproles. Weeden's #1 target is Gordan

Rook008
Miles To Go
Premium
join:2002-02-05
Far Rockaway, NY
reply to Moorecards
Great 4th quarter in the Redskins/Giants game.

FFH5
Premium
join:2002-03-03
Tavistock NJ
kudos:5

1 edit
said by Rook008:

And Tampa Bay trying to tie game with 17 secs left inside the 10. They need TD & extra point.
Now 4th & goal with 6 secs left. Tampa Bay gets 1 shot at the TD now.

Amazing - a TD with no time left for TB. But a penalty nullifies the TD(receiver had stepped out of bounds on sideline before going to end zone for the catch) . New Orleans wins game.

--
»www.gop.com/2012-republican-platform_home/
»www.gop.com/2012-republican-plat···onalism/

Rook008
Miles To Go
Premium
Far Rockaway, NY
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to Moorecards
Man can the Jets WR's disappoint a fan.
About two minutes left in the game and Hill is wide open for a first down catch inside the 10. With the first down the Jets can run some clock and kick a go-ahead field goal or score a TD. Does he make the catch on a perfectly thrown ball? Of course not, he's a Jet.
--
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats." - H. L. Mencken

Rook008
Miles To Go
Premium
Far Rockaway, NY
reply to FFH5
I thought that was a TD catch, but I guess he didn't properly establish himself in-bounds before the reception.

fatness
subtle
Premium,ex-mod 01-13
join:2000-11-17
fishing
kudos:14
reply to Rook008
said by Rook008:

It sure was. Despite 4 turnovers, and a total lapse in pass defense, and the Skins still almost beat the Giants. They have no right to beat the Giants, the Giants are just much better than the Skins. But they almost did. I'm disappointed but man, was that entertaining.

The Ravens totally got their butts kicked.
--
my pants are parched and thirsty

rockotman
...Blown On The Steel Breeze
Emerging Research
join:2000-08-06
DSotM
kudos:2
said by fatness:

--
Shine on you crazy diamond...

jabarnut
Light Years Away
Premium,MVM
join:2005-01-22
Galaxy M31

1 edit
reply to Rook008
said by Rook008:

Man can the Jets WR's disappoint a fan.
About two minutes left in the game and Hill is wide open for a first down catch inside the 10. With the first down the Jets can run some clock and kick a go-ahead field goal or score a TD. Does he make the catch on a perfectly thrown ball? Of course not, he's a Jet.

No kidding. That game made my blood pressure sky high more than once. Several key plays, and that was sure one of them.
Not to mention the Pats kickoff return for a TD right after the Jets first scored. (Talk about a momentum changer). Not to mention the fumble by the Pats near the end-zone that almost was....could have been a touchback with the Jets on the 20, but became a 1st and goal on the one yard line for the Pats. it was the right call, unfortunately...but if the ball is stripped a mili-second earlier before his elbow touched the ground, it's Jets ball. (Actually, now that I think of it, it was so close I think it was called Jets ball, but reversed after review).
And even the game ending play. (Think it was third down?).
After the Pats went ahead in OT and the Jets had one chance to score, what was Sanchez thinking not putting the ball away and instead trying to still somehow get rid of it when he's already tied up and almost horizontal to the ground, while about to get pounded by another guy? Ah man!
Not to mention....aw, never mind.
Pretty amazing game though, and a lot closer than I ever expected.
--
I had a life once.....now I have a Computer and a Modem.

jabarnut
Light Years Away
Premium,MVM
Galaxy M31
reply to fatness
Yeah, the Redskins/Giants game was a good one for sure.
And RG3 continues to impress me...20-of-28 for 258 yards, two touchdowns (and an interception), to go along with 89 rushing yards on nine carries. He's about as far from someone who should be called a "rookie" as I've ever seen.
But then, there's always Eli to contend with when it comes crunch time.
--

Edge1
But these go to 11.
Premium
join:2006-03-01
USA
reply to fatness
said by fatness:

I knew this one was coming.

Voxxjin
Made of Hamburger
Premium
join:2010-01-13
Dupont, WA
Reviews:
·CenturyLink
reply to rockotman
Not sure if it was because we were playing the Bungles but I was impressed with Dwyer last night. He found a lot of holes that I couldn't see and he pretty much just plowed straight ahead. Not super fast or agile. Almost reminded me of bettis.

Good game for the Steelers. They came up with some new ways to move the ball and we almost had a great trick play.
--
Cry "Havoc!" and let slip the dogs of war

I AM
Premium
join:2010-04-11
Ephrata, PA
kudos:4
reply to Eagles LoveR
Hey. No TO's for Vick this week? Is fantasy lying to me?

FFH5
Premium
Tavistock NJ
said by I AM:

Hey. No TO's for Vick this week? Is fantasy lying to me?

Eagles had a bye week & did not play.
--

AB
Premium
join:2006-04-04
Leesburg, VA
kudos:3
reply to jabarnut
said by jabarnut:

Yeah, the Redskins/Giants game was a good one for sure.
And RG3 continues to impress me...20-of-28 for 258 yards, two touchdowns (and an interception), to go along with 89 rushing yards on nine carries. He's about as far from someone who should be called a "rookie" as I've ever seen.
But then, there's always Eli to contend with when it comes crunch time.

Gotta give Eli his 'props', no doubt. But it sure helps when the pass defense allows a receiver to run right past them at a point in the game when throwing deep has to be most expected.
I don't miss LaRon Landry or Carlos Rogers even a little bit, but the people they replaced them with are no upgrade whatsoever-- really not even so much as a 'sideways-grade'. They stink. Stink bad.

f0rtys3ven

join:2011-09-01
Lansing, MI
reply to FFH5
sarcasm is an art.

you need more practice.

Rook008
Miles To Go
Premium
Far Rockaway, NY
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to jabarnut
It was a lot closer than I expected it to be as well.
I mean, I figured the Jets couldn't go into New England and beat them, so OT was a pleasant surprise for me. But there were so many plays where I was just disgusted by the Jets WR's.
And I thought by now that Sanchez would know how to just take the sack and not cough up the ball.

On the bright side, other than the bone-headed mistakes, the Jets didn't look too bad these last two weeks.
--
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats." - H. L. Mencken

Rook008
Miles To Go
Premium
Far Rockaway, NY
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to AB
It helped that they let Cruz run right past them, but come on man, it's Eli. You know it was going to happen sooner or later
At the end of the game and behind on the scoreboard, I'd take Eli over most QB's in the league.

RG3 looked pretty good for a rookie and with a banged up team though. Gotta give him some props too.
--

AB
Premium
Leesburg, VA
said by Rook008:

It helped that they let Cruz run right past them, but come on man, it's Eli. You know it was going to happen sooner or later
At the end of the game and behind on the scoreboard, I'd take Eli over most QB's in the league.

RG3 looked pretty good for a rookie and with a banged up team though. Gotta give him some props too.

RGIII basically IS the team now.
For years, 17 points was a virtual offensive explosion for the Skinnies. Now, they routinely get that by halftime or earlier-- using a little-thought-of rookie running back and receivers who scare nobody, to boot.

Their defense reeks. Reeks so bad you can almost see the fumes rise off them as they take the field.
Now the Skins score plenty-- unfortunately, the other team is often scoring 'heap more', as the song says (or originally said, anyway).
Ugh. As soon as we gettum some actual offense, we needum totally new defense.

As Great Spirit say-- always friggin something.

Rook008
Miles To Go
Premium
Far Rockaway, NY
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
That 4th down and 10 play in the 4th quarter was great. I thought for sure JPP was going to sack him. The guy is pretty elusive scrambling around yet still looking downfield for the open receiver.

And the 'Skins defense did hold Bradshaw to 40 or so yards on the ground. He had 300+ yards combined the last two weeks.
That's, ya know, something.
--

footballdude
Premium
join:2002-08-13
Imperial, MO
reply to footballdude
said by footballdude:

Ryan said earlier today that Tebow is going to line up at running back this week, since the Jets RBs are hurt.

I saw about half of the Jets game on the RedZone channel and didn't see Tebow at all. Guess Ryan changed his mind.
--
Concentrated power has always been the enemy of liberty - Ronald Reagan

FFH5
Premium
Tavistock NJ
said by footballdude:

said by footballdude:

Ryan said earlier today that Tebow is going to line up at running back this week, since the Jets RBs are hurt.

I saw about half of the Jets game on the RedZone channel and didn't see Tebow at all. Guess Ryan changed his mind.

»www.nfl.com/gamecenter/201210210···=analyze

Tebow ran 4 times for a total of 12 yds. Hardly a factor in the game.
--

jabarnut
Light Years Away
Premium,MVM
Galaxy M31
reply to footballdude
I saw the whole game, and I think I saw Tebow maybe 4 times in the entire game.
The whole thing is still a complete mystery to me. (Of course, a mystery why they signed him in the first place, and an even bigger mystery why they don't somehow work him into the offense more, rather than have him stand on the sideline and pray he gets a chance to go in for one play).
--

f0rtys3ven

Lansing, MI
reply to FFH5
Is this guy a bot?

I feel like hes IBM's deep blue trolling us with dry ass facts.

I saw Tebow run a few routes and line up at RB.

I am sure its annoying the piss outta him and it didn't seem all that effective.
--
Leaning out a window with a cocked shotgun. Driving up the block in the car they shot Pac in. Looking for Big's killers. Dressing ridiculous. Blue and red like I don't know what the big deal is.

I AM
Premium
Ephrata, PA
LOL. I like the IBM thing you did there.

Hey Jets we the Cowboys will give you a 7th rounder for Tebow OK!? AND We can swap head coaches too!

f0rtys3ven

Lansing, MI
Double post.

MOD!!! DO WORK!

f0rtys3ven

Lansing, MI
reply to I AM
I agree Tebow > Romo.

Romo is bad really really bad.

I AM
Premium
Ephrata, PA
reply to I AM
Ohhh..and that RGIII. He's not bad. I wonder what the Rams are thinking about?

pr1mo
Premium
join:2003-11-12
Harwood Heights, IL
Reviews:
·Comcast Formerl..
reply to f0rtys3ven
said by f0rtys3ven:

I agree Tebow > Romo.

Romo is bad really really bad.

I'll see you and the Lions @ Soldier Field tonight for a pounding.

AB
Premium
Leesburg, VA

1 recommendation

reply to I AM
said by I AM:

Ohhh..and that RGIII. He's not bad. I wonder what the Rams are thinking about?

They're thinking about demanding some more draft picks.

jabarnut
Light Years Away
Premium,MVM
Galaxy M31
reply to Moorecards
Well, your D actually looked pretty good against the Bears last night, f0rtys3ven See Profile.
(Not so sure about your O, though).
--