uniqs
share rss forum feed

carcajou

join:2012-10-16
Riviere-Beaudette, QC
Reviews:
·Acanac
reply to despe666

Re: URGENT : Acanac auto-renewal : how to get my money back?

Hi

They can make you wait, but they will gain nothing. Your cancellation takes effect on the day you send notice or on the date you specified in the notice. They will simply lose money by giving you free service after that date.

214.6. Le consommateur peut, à tout moment et à sa discrétion, résilier le contrat en transmettant un avis au commerçant. Cette résiliation de plein droit prend effet à compter de la transmission de cet avis ou à la date indiquée à cet avis par le consommateur ( Loi de Protection du Consommateur )

See ? If they make you wait, they still need to refund you using YOUR date of cancellation.

BTW: I waited only 20 minutes to reach someone at the Office de Protection du Consommateur. Make a complaint and join the party !

despe666

join:2009-06-20
Montreal, QC

It happened a few years ago, before bill 60. Besides I don't have the paper trail anymore. I gave up and wrote off the 50$, which is exactly what they hoped I would do.

carcajou

join:2012-10-16
Riviere-Beaudette, QC

Despe

Well, if one day there is a class action proceeding, you might have the surprise of finding a check in your mailbox. It would be like Christmas