uniqs
dm145
join:2009-12-12
Clifton, NJ

1 edit

dm145 to RemyM

to RemyM

Re: News 12 Traffic and Weather goes HD next week

Another hd channel my system wont get until it is completely cut over to 100 percent digital.

Lets make our customers wait months after they are notified about analog removal before we actually upgrade them to 100 percent digital, which is the most idiotic thing they have ever done. I think two weeks would have been suffice.

Correction, the second most idiotic thing, the first was rolling out a new program guide without testing it first.
frdrizzt
join:2008-05-03
Ronkonkoma, NY

frdrizzt

said by dm145:

Another hd channel my system wont get until it is completely cut over to 100 percent digital.

Lets make our customers wait months after they are notified about analog removal before we actually upgrade them to 100 percent digital, which is the most idiotic thing they have ever done. I think two weeks would have been suffice.

With News 12 being CV-owned, I would actually guess that it will bet it goes everywhere regardless of full digital status.

I'm sure a lot of the staggering is because of the large number of people who will not get a box until they see the message on their TVs and/or don't read billing inserts. And it is my guess that the messages stay up because they stagger when groups of nodes are pulled so there is not a simultaneous run on the walk-in centers by even more people who need boxes. Keeps waits down and helps them ration supply so they have enough at any given time.

ilsno
@optonline.net

ilsno

Anon

Im all for as many channels as possible in HD but the Showtime and Starz channels needs to be upgraded before this.
dm145
join:2009-12-12
Clifton, NJ

dm145

said by dm145:

Correction, the second most idiotic thing, the first was rolling out a new program guide without testing it first.

Still sd, so maybe my prediction was correct!
frdrizzt
join:2008-05-03
Ronkonkoma, NY

frdrizzt

said by dm145:

said by dm145:

Still sd, so maybe my prediction was correct!

Wait until it is rolled out anywhere before you start to think that!