Mediacom Social Media Relations Team
Premium Member
join:2010-01-20
Gulf Breeze, FL

MediacomChad to jk0

Premium Member

to jk0

Re: [IA] repeated drops of 30s to 1 min

I see that this issue was re-escalated yesterday by our Social Media Team last night because no issues were found on the Maintenance call. As soon as we get any reply, I will either followup with you here or someone from our Social Media Team will followup with you on Twitter.
jk0
join:2008-09-04
Hazel Green, WI

jk0

The problem started after they performed upgrades in my area to support eventual higher bandwidth offerings. I know they are aware of this, because it was the technician that informed me. And in the mean time all I've seen is a lot of dancing around and finger pointing. There is no excuse for this.
jk0

jk0 to MediacomChad

to MediacomChad
And that sorry excuse for a support team on twitter is about as useful as a hole in the head when it comes to giving any sort of real feedback.

MediacomChad
Premium Member
Gulf Breeze, FL

MediacomChad

Premium Member

Unfortunately we are the same team, doing the same work. I apologize that I, or the twitter team, haven't been able to give you the exact information you are wanting but we have been working to find out why the problems are happening and narrowing down the causes. Outside of this, we don't have anything more to inform you because we are limited on the information we have to give at this current moment. As the area management continues to investigate we will keep you posted. I apologize if the response is not as quick as we would both like but sometimes problems are a bit more difficult to diagnose and fix, and I would rather not make an assumption on what the problem/solution is without knowing for sure.
jk0
Hazel Green, WI

jk0

I get it, but like I said on twitter many times, customers already assume that you (you as in support) are already doing everything you can to help us. These repetitive "I can assure you"s are absolutely worthless. We want evidence that proves it's at least being looked at. Technical details, even if most customers wont understand them, are very useful. Stop assuming we are all ignorant to technology. Mediacom is especially guilty of this and loves to point fingers and make assumptions.

I still stand by my comment about the duration of this diagnoses being pathetic. It really goes to show just how technical your staff must be if they can't be bothered to figure out a problem on their own system after a month's time.

---

I've never understood how such a low level standard of support has become acceptable when it comes to ISPs.

Anon
@mchsi.com

Anon

Anon

said by jk0:

I get it, but like I said on twitter many times, customers already assume that you (you as in support) are already doing everything you can to help us. These repetitive "I can assure you"s are absolutely worthless. We want evidence that proves it's at least being looked at. Technical details, even if most customers wont understand them, are very useful. Stop assuming we are all ignorant to technology. Mediacom is especially guilty of this and loves to point fingers and make assumptions.

I still stand by my comment about the duration of this diagnoses being pathetic. It really goes to show just how technical your staff must be if they can't be bothered to figure out a problem on their own system after a month's time.

---

I've never understood how such a low level standard of support has become acceptable when it comes to ISPs.

yeah... ughhh... just give me your account number and ughhhh we will ughhhh look into this for you... derp

MediacomChad
Premium Member
Gulf Breeze, FL

MediacomChad to jk0

Premium Member

to jk0
Maintenance has been completed as of today, jk0, and NOC distributed an upgrade across all the modems on the system. If possible, the Tech Ops Supervisor would like to swap your current modem out for a an updated DOCSIS 3.0 modem. I can go ahead an get an appointment scheduled for you, if you'd like.
jk0
Hazel Green, WI

jk0

Yes please, Friday would be perfect if that's available.

Thank you for the update.

MediacomChad
Premium Member
Gulf Breeze, FL

MediacomChad

Premium Member

You are welcome.