Premium Member
join:2002-08-20
Nerdvana

MsTerra to Sarah

Premium Member

to Sarah

Re: Earthquake!?

Sorry I'm late....

I was lying on the floor in shavasana at the end of a yoga class on Mass. Ave. near Porter Square in Cambridge when I felt a good hard shaking underneath me. It seemed like a bit much to be just a bus or a large truck going by outside, but I remember the quake we had a little over a year ago (the one centered in rural VA) and it wasn't that sort of weird swaying sensation, so I figured it probably wasn't an earthquake. Later (after watching the debate) I went on FB and saw some friends talking about it, and that's when I knew I had, in fact, felt a quake.

My husband claims not to have noticed it at home, however.

Dominokat
"Hi"
Premium Member
join:2002-08-06
Boothbay, ME

Dominokat to Sarah

Premium Member

to Sarah
So this "Earthquake" that happened last night. The news is filled with videos and comments about it. I posted before that I felt NOTHING!
I feel so left out of the fun!

tschmidt
MVM
join:2000-11-12
Milford, NH
·Consolidated Com..
·Republic Wireless
·Hollis Hosting

2 recommendations

tschmidt

MVM

Click for full size
New England Earthquake
Saw this picture on a local blog.

My wife and I argued about it. I though it was a nearby explosion she though it was an Earthquake. Things rattled a little in the house but I was working in the basement an heard it but felt nothing.

/tom
19579823 (banned)
An Awesome Dude
join:2003-08-04

19579823 (banned) to Sarah

to Sarah

I hope everyone is ok!!!!!!!!!!

Davesworld
join:2007-10-30
Thermal, CA

Davesworld to Anonymous_

to Anonymous_

said by Anonymous_:

isn't it a Forum Violation to post anything below a 5.5

Yes, 11 years ago we had a 7.8 up here and when I lived in SoCal 6.6's were fairly common. Most just shrugged them off. If it starts pouring rain down there, then people scramble. It was annoying that they usually happened at 4am and woke me up.

Blogger
Jedi Poster
Premium Member
join:2012-10-18

1 recommendation

Blogger to cd

Premium Member

to cd
said by cd :

Friend on phone felt it in Yarmouth, Maine - actually they heard a loud noise.

We all know naturally that the ground shakes or rock n rolls with quakes, especially larger ones. But little know fact except for those that have experienced it is that at very near the epicenter one is just as likely instead of the rock n roll to her a loud bang like a truck hitting a building and feel a corresponding sharp single jolt. An epicenter stamp of authenticity.
Blogger

Blogger to Sarah

Premium Member

to Sarah
said by Sarah:

I see we've landed in hot topics.

Californian trolls incoming in 3... 2...

We'll limit ourselves to 5.5 and up if they limit themselves to "cold" being under 15F and "snow" being 6 inches or more.

Snow? I've heard of it and see it far away in the mountains, usually above the 6,000 foot level and all the way up to 14,000 feet. You guys know what mountains are as opposed to hills, right?

As for cold waves Californians are on the cutting edge of dealing with those. As soon as the temperature drops into the fifties we close our windows.

Quakes as long as they don't hurt folks or do serious damage are fun ride and experience-- big ones are better thrill wise than anything Magic Mountain or Disney can dish out!
Expand your moderator at work

Dominokat
"Hi"
Premium Member
join:2002-08-06
Boothbay, ME

1 edit

Dominokat to Sarah

Premium Member

to Sarah

»www.youtube.com/watch?v= ··· uxpa4h48